Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of our fans understanding the shit that you've put up with. Some will be the same people who gave you the shit out of jealousy. I’ve always been jealous, that didn’t mean that I had to slag you off, it was the opposite and I always said that any fan of any other club would take what you had.

As for us doing things different to City, a lot of that has originated from the media making those claims. Some of it does come from within the club who I think are trying to say that to keep people’s expectations grounded because we were being linked in the press to Neymar, Mbappe and Messi and I think the club were just trying stop the fans getting carried away. Everything I have seen from the club is respect for what you’ve done and what you’re doing.

Living in a dream I can get, I’ll admit that what is currently happening does feel like a dream.

You've suffered under a shit owner and a series of shit managers for a long time, so your excitement is turbo charged with relief I suspect.

You're doing things differently because you have to, FFP has seen to that, your sponsorships are going to be hyper scrutinised. Notwithstanding, your owners want to invest in the club not use it as a cash cow, which means you'll punch above your weight, in fact you're doing it this season. Right now you're an immediate threat to the also rans in the top six, Spurs, Chelsea and increasingly Liverpool and United, expect to get a lot of shit from their agents in the media.

You're in a strange place, Guardian to the left of you, Yanky owners and the MSM to the right, you should be stuck in the middle with us, but you're not. Our fan bases don't have a relationship either good or bad, and as for our respective ownerships, despite what Barney Ronay might say not all grinning beards are the same.

Oh, could you do us all a favour, if you see this clown....

500x500.jpg

Can you give him a good kicking in the bollocks for us?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
I've always liked the Magpies. Decent lot. It'll be interesting having competition for the title, I reckon, apart from just Liverpool all the time. Even a two horse race can get boring, and Liverpool aren't at the races this season.

Arsenal will fall off eventually. It'd be nice if it wasn't just us cantering to the title. Don't get me wrong, I want us to win it every season. But competition makes it interesting. To quote that dick Alex Ferguson, "Squeaky bum time".

Newcastle have come a long way in the 12 months that Howe has been at the club, the club feels totally different in every aspect.

Newcastle have come a long way in the 12 months that Howe has been at the club, the club feels totally different in every aspect.
all good, it’s clear to see that Howe is doing well with the players, getting the result, getting the fans onside.

but what about everything else, any progress on, or work definitely going ahead for:
the stadium? - improved in anyway at all?
the training ground? - facilities?
around the ground? - does the club own the space to expand?
the academy? - facilities and results?
womens team? - I see they are currently top of their division

I know it’s early days, and from memory, one of the 1st things done at city was a spend on the shabby carrington training facilities - to tide over whilst the current next to stadium areas were planned, designed and built - im just curious as to what’s in the pipeline.

Be difficult to recruit players from clubs still involved in Europe though. They'll need to be quite creative.

We signed Bruno Guimaraes from Lyon last January while they were still in the Europa League until March 2022 when they lost in the quarter final. Trippier signed for us in January and Atletico were still in the Champions League until you put them out in the same month.

Having said that, I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a quiet window unless somebody daft becomes available.

We signed Bruno Guimaraes from Lyon last January while they were still in the Europa League until March 2022 when they lost in the quarter final. Trippier signed for us in January and Atletico were still in the Champions League until you put them out in the same month.

Having said that, I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a quiet window unless somebody daft becomes available.
Bruno Guimaraes was a fucking amazing signing that came from left field. As I said, you'll need to get creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.