Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey lads, traveling from France to watch City vs magpies.
Anyone know/guess what day and time will the game be played?

Cheers

It looks like we might just be able to keep something going for the rest of the season and today is the first time that I've felt that. We have a style of play which is getting results and we still haven't played what I think will be our best starting 11.

It's amazing that Bruno wasn't given more games for Brasil. He's one of the best midfielders in one of the best leagues in the world and Tite still thought that he was behind Paqueta, who I like and Fred who is garbage, Bruno is better than both.

Botman not going to the World Cup with Holland was also mad. He's 22 and had played 17 times for us now and he hasn't been on hte losing saide yet having played 17, won 12 and drawn 5. He's probably the best defender that I've ever seen play for Newcastle. Woodgate was the best defender we'd ever had before we signed Botman. They both play the same type of game, niether were/are fast but both were absolutely superb at reading the game and being in the right place at the right time.

We played without Wilson today due to illness and Isak who is just about ready to come back after picking up a thing injury whilst on international duty so we will have some good options soon.

I would love to see us play with what I think is our best 11.

1. Pope.
2. Trippier.
3. Targett.
4. Bruno.
5. Schar.
6. Botman.
7. Almiron.
8. Joelinton.
9. Wilson/Isak.
10. Willock.
11. Saint-Maximin.

I think that team could hold its own against any team in the Premier League and win against most.

We play Leeds next week and then we're on TV 9 games in a row if anybody is interested.
Got to admit I have a soft spot for the toon and like them to do well but not that well if you know what mean . If they get champions league next season which could now happen then they will get top tier players to go with sone very good ones already and suddenly they are title challengers . I think they will move for Kane or mbappe in the summer .

Makes me laugh when the hypocritical Geordie fans were lambasting our ownership and now they are lapping up their rise up the table with thier "dirty Arab money" , and the Rags and Dippers will be exactly the same if their rnew owners have a different colour skin and religious beliefs.
Were not English we are Scouse will soon be out the window if some Sheik hands Clubshop a £500m transfer kitty.

If it’s not City’s year this season (and that is a big if) then I would prefer Newcastle to win the league than any of the realistic alternatives.

It would irritate the teams in red and their media lackeys and it would reward a following that has been starved of success for too long. (Same could be said of Sunderland to a certain extent).

I am biased and think nothing would top the loyalty City fans showed in the mid 1990s to the take over but Newcastle are a proper football club in a great City. So good luck to them. Except when they play us.

If it’s not City’s year this season (and that is a big if) then I would prefer Newcastle to win the league than any of the realistic alternatives.

It would irritate the teams in red and their media lackeys and it would reward a following that has been starved of success for too long. (Same could be said of Sunderland to a certain extent).

I am biased and think nothing would top the loyalty City fans showed in the mid 1990s to the take over but Newcastle are a proper football club in a great City. So good luck to them. Except when they play us.
Only one team in Newcastle…..it’s not fair.

Makes me laugh when the hypocritical Geordie fans were lambasting our ownership and now they are lapping up their rise up the table with thier "dirty Arab money" , and the Rags and Dippers will be exactly the same if their rnew owners have a different colour skin and religious beliefs.
Were not English we are Scouse will soon be out the window if some Sheik hands Clubshop a £500m transfer kitty.
you sure about this?
I know that amongst my fairly large circle of match going mates (and myself) there's a unanimous feeling of it could've been us.
think it was well publicised that mansour had tried to buy newcastle before man city but ashley had refused to deal with him. not an isolated incident either, did pretty much the same thing in dubai, not turning up for a meeting and then vomiting all over the bar. fat, obnoxious **** that he is. anyway.... I digress slightly with me ashley hatred, I recall little to no lambasting of your takeover, envy I'd concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.