Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Newcastle.

Please win the League Cup 2023.

Love from

Everyone

Please please please.

But if they do, they will do it from position of underdogs - whereas a few weeks ago (after the semi-final) I would have said it was a pretty even match (on paper).

Since then United have hit some form - especially Sir Marcus Rashford C.B.E. O.B.E. Phd. whilst Newcastle's goals have dried up and only cos of their decent defence have they managed to grind out several draws to at least keep them in a shout for top-4.

At least Bruno G. will be back, but they have a real problem in the goalkeeping position. I rarely agree with Gary Lineker, but he was correct tonight on MOTD: it is harsh on Pope to get a ban for the Carabou Cup final, although what was he thinking of today diving on the ball about 30 yrds out?

I was very surprised what Newcastle did in the recent January window actually as they are not exactly strapped for cash. So why did they sell that big striker (Chris Wood*) and Jon-Jo Shelvey, their lack of squad depth could really cost them at the weekend and at the tail-end of the season.

*To get back to City for a moment, at one point today we were beating Forest and Arsenal were losing to Villa. Zinchenko scores an equilizer and Arsenal go on to snatch a win, meanwhile Chris bloody Woods ex-of-Newcastle, scores against us.

Football! you can't make it up somedays.

Is Nick Pope going to miss the final?

Yes. And Dubravka can't play as he was at United earlier in the season.

Loris Karius is the probable keeper (hasn't played in like 2 years) or Mark Gillespie - who I assume is like a fringe player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.