Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they got taken over a toon fan text me saying over the next 2 windows they would be spending £600m. Sent him a text last week asking when they are going to spend this money. Still awaiting a response
The most giddy set of fans in the whole League.
I think they had just been taken over when we played them at The Etihad last season,and some of them genuinely believed that they would get a result against City.
A 5-0 thumping sent them back home with their tail between their legs.
Boys vs men was the comparison that came to mind.

When they got taken over a toon fan text me saying over the next 2 windows they would be spending £600m. Sent him a text last week asking when they are going to spend this money. Still awaiting a response
Their turnover is £140m and their wages are already at 80% of their turnover.

They are years away from spending big.

They need to build up about five years’ worth of new sponsors, amendments to St James’ Park to include new world class corporate areas and charge through the roof, increase their ticket prices to all fans (as there’s no real scope to expand St James’), manage to get themselves into the Champions League regularly and then going deep into the competition regularly so they are earning proper money before they’re spending big.

Spurs are currently a bigger threat to the title than Newcastle will be for at least 5 years and that’s only if City Liverpool Spurs Arsenal Chelsea and United all stand still and allow Newcastle to catch up and take over at least four of us. City United and Liverpool’s turnover are all at about £575m, it’s taken City 13 years to get to that level. Even if Newcastle eventually catch that figure in say 8 years, that doesn’t mean City United and Liverpool are going to stand still and not be at another level again. In the next five years, City and Liverpool will expand our stadiums, within 10 years United might have a new stadium.

Financial Fair Play (which Newcastle voted in favour of back in 2013!… and they were one of the Spiteful 9 who put their name to the letter to CAS to hold-up our ban from the CL) restricts spending power. It doesn’t matter how much money an owner has, it only matters how much money a club earns. The newer FFP rules will actually hinder Newcastle even further.

It will be interesting to see where they are come the 2030s though.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've apparently put in an improved bid of £50m for James Maddison. Now, Maddison is a fairly decent player, sideburns not withstanding. But is he really worth 50m?
He’s worth what Newcastle - or any other club - is willing to pay for him.

The most giddy set of fans in the whole League.
I think they had just been taken over when we played them at The Etihad last season,and some of them genuinely believed that they would get a result against City.
A 5-0 thumping sent them back home with their tail between their legs.
Boys vs men was the comparison that came to mind.
They'd been taken a few months before that. In fact they were taken over not long before we gave them a 4-0 thumping at St James' last December :-)

Watched a bit of them. Looks well managed and should finish top 10, but lacking at least a creative midfielder and a class forward to challenge for 5-7 positions.
Can't help noticing again how good Bruno Guimares looks. Could have done a job for us with Gundogan in his final season and Bernardo wanting out since forever.

I don’t have anything against the investment etc but I fucking hate Newcastle fans. Self entitled arrogant wankers who’ve always had a deluded idea that they have a god given right to success. The complete opposite of us when we got taken over.

Monochrome scousers. Fuck em.
I don't know where you get that idea of Newcastle fans from. Most have expected nothing but the worst for us since Ashley bought the club. We do have some idiots on social media who predict that we'll win the league or sign Mbape but I don't think they're being serious at all.

We finished 11th last season, most of us expected another relegation. I would currently settle for 11th again this season, keep out of the bottom 3 and try to do something in a cup and most of us will be happy.

Their turnover is £140m and their wages are already at 80% of their turnover.

They are years away from spending big.

They need to build up about five years’ worth of new sponsors, amendments to St James’ Park to include new world class corporate areas and charge through the roof, increase their ticket prices to all fans (as there’s no real scope to expand St James’), manage to get themselves into the Champions League regularly and then going deep into the competition regularly so they are earning proper money before they’re spending big.

Spurs are currently a bigger threat to the title than Newcastle will be for at least 5 years and that’s only if City Liverpool Spurs Arsenal Chelsea and United all stand still and allow Newcastle to catch up and take over at least four of us. City United and Liverpool’s turnover are all at about £575m, it’s taken City 13 years to get to that level. Even if Newcastle eventually catch that figure in say 8 years, that doesn’t mean City United and Liverpool are going to stand still and not be at another level again. In the next five years, City and Liverpool will expand our stadiums, within 10 years United might have a new stadium.

Financial Fair Play (which Newcastle voted in favour of back in 2013!… and they were one of the Spiteful 9 who put their name to the letter to CAS to hold-up our ban from the CL) restricts spending power. It doesn’t matter how much money an owner has, it only matters how much money a club earns. The newer FFP rules will actually hinder Newcastle even further.

It will be interesting to see where they are come the 2030s though.
I think you've got most of that right.

Sponsorship has already improved slightly as we now get more for our new sleeve sponsor than we do for our main shirt sponsor, that will change as FUN88 are gone at the end of this season. Parimatch have recently appeared as sponsors, how much they pay hasn't been mentioned as far as I'm aware so we are making improvements. All of the boards that Ashley paid nothing for have gone, hopefully they'll be replaced by paying adverts. We need to move away from Castore as out shirt supplier because I have no doubt that Ashley will not have got much of a deal with them for shirt sales, their quality and supply is also pathetic as we seem to only be able to supply 50% of demand at most. The current demand for all 3 strips plus the one we used at Brighton far outstrips what can be supplied. Castore are holding us back and somebody within the club must be taking notice of that and looking for a way out. They’re not doing their jobs if not.

A lot of people had 10 year season ticket price freezes and most of them have ended, the last are due to end in a couple of years so we will see a good increase in ticket income without increasing matchday prices.

We have scope to expand St James, we can probably expand the Gallowgate although Ashley selling the land behind it has made it more difficult. We can probably add tiers to the East Stand without having too many problems although we might have to knock down what is already there to allow for better foundations. The East Stand was built in the 70’s and the board at that time probably didn’t have the foresight to spend extra on foundations to allow an expansion. Demand for tickets is massively outstripping demand, we could probably double our number of season ticket holders as we have 000’s of members and even the memberships sold out. I guess we could sell another 10,000 to 20,000 season/match day tickets and that’s while we’re mid-table. Away tickets are unlikely to ever go on general sale unless we are ever given a stupid amount of tickets for a game.

FFP will hold us back, at least we now have a good enough squad to forget about relegation (hopefully) so should be able to spend more money on fewer players. As for us being one of the spiteful 9, that was under Ashley and he's gone. I think both of our clubs will be on the same side going forward like we were when the league changed the rules on related party sponsorship. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two clubs challenged that rule in court if it's applied too strictly.

I think you've got most of that right.

Sponsorship has already improved slightly as we now get more for our new sleeve sponsor than we do for our main shirt sponsor, that will change as FUN88 are gone at the end of this season. Parimatch have recently appeared as sponsors, how much they pay hasn't been mentioned as far as I'm aware so we are making improvements. All of the boards that Ashley paid nothing for have gone, hopefully they'll be replaced by paying adverts. We need to move away from Castore as out shirt supplier because I have no doubt that Ashley will not have got much of a deal with them for shirt sales, their quality and supply is also pathetic as we seem to only be able to supply 50% of demand at most. The current demand for all 3 strips plus the one we used at Brighton far outstrips what can be supplied. Castore are holding us back and somebody within the club must be taking notice of that and looking for a way out. They’re not doing their jobs if not.

A lot of people had 10 year season ticket price freezes and most of them have ended, the last are due to end in a couple of years so we will see a good increase in ticket income without increasing matchday prices.

We have scope to expand St James, we can probably expand the Gallowgate although Ashley selling the land behind it has made it more difficult. We can probably add tiers to the East Stand without having too many problems although we might have to knock down what is already there to allow for better foundations. The East Stand was built in the 70’s and the board at that time probably didn’t have the foresight to spend extra on foundations to allow an expansion. Demand for tickets is massively outstripping demand, we could probably double our number of season ticket holders as we have 000’s of members and even the memberships sold out. I guess we could sell another 10,000 to 20,000 season/match day tickets and that’s while we’re mid-table. Away tickets are unlikely to ever go on general sale unless we are ever given a stupid amount of tickets for a game.

FFP will hold us back, at least we now have a good enough squad to forget about relegation (hopefully) so should be able to spend more money on fewer players. As for us being one of the spiteful 9, that was under Ashley and he's gone. I think both of our clubs will be on the same side going forward like we were when the league changed the rules on related party sponsorship. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two clubs challenged that rule in court if it's applied too strictly.
Good level headed post and with the right balls out of the bag there's no reason why at least a semi final could be on the cards this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.