Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

It wasn’t a bad point in the circumstances. Newcastle away is never an easy game, and without Rodri and De Bruyne (plus Ake and Bobb) it was always going to be a challenging fixture. I think a draw was just about a fair result. It’s going to take time for Pep to find the right balance in the team to compensate for the loss of Rodri, but he will find a solution, as he always does.
I disagree. It was an awful point. The game was there for the taking even prior to kick off. Pep is the best manager in the world but sometimes he has these weird brain farts and messes up the tactics e.g. the CL final against Chelsea where he decided not to play Rodri. There is no way on earth our lineup needed to be that conservative against Newcastle (or at least not for most of the game) . One of either Foden, Savio or Doku was an absolute must to start, otherwise they would do what they did, sit back and then try to get at us on the break (without fear of us countering at speed). To leave it so late to make those changes too was very frustrating. We could all see at halftime the way things were heading. Hopefully the next brain fart won't be for a long time.

i see motd thing it was a pen but the forest on elanga one was not enough for a penalty make your fucking minds up
At most only two people know whether that should have been a penalty or not and the rest of us, including the match officials can only guess. I’d guess not but who knows.

At most only two people know whether that should have been a penalty or not and the rest of us, including the match officials can only guess. I’d guess not but who knows.
In modern football that is a penalty. We’ve seen enough of them given in the last 10 years or so. Forward sees keeper coming, gets final touch and then ensures contact with keeper. I call it the Vardy penalty. The authorities are clearly comfortable with this being given as a pen so we either moan about it or accept it and do what we can to take advantage of the nonsense.

In modern football that is a penalty. We’ve seen enough of them given in the last 10 years or so. Forward sees keeper coming, gets final touch and then ensures contact with keeper. I call it the Vardy penalty. The authorities are clearly comfortable with this being given as a pen so we either moan about it or accept it and do what we can to take advantage of the nonsense.

It's now a stonewall pen against us because City beat the Premier League in court.
The VAR review was given straight away ? NO different angles or slow motion, in fact did they even look at it

It’s one of them that’s ’clever play’. It used to be called Cheating. Like actual cheating.

Newcastle fan here.
I respectfully disagree. We have been poor in all our games this season, and were for large parts of last season, mostly down to injuries and fixture congestion last season.
Anyway the way we played today is much more like Howe plays, especially for the 1st 30 minutes.
We have been crying out to play with a higher press all season, Howe has even admitted the performances and way we have played have not been what we expect.
Now that it is back, I expect us to continue with it, once we do, we’ll bounce a load of teams, just like we did the season before last.
Take that game to Anfield 'n Islington, please! But be prepared for Gordon getting booked for diving if he gets to tumble in the area.

I call it the Handball Henry pen. He invented and developed the trailing leg to con a ref who didn't have the use of VAR, and it seems to be standard fare now, and VAR, as we saw yesterday, will affirm what the whistling wanker has decided. If a goalkeeper is coming out and dives full length there are a few options for the attacker - go studs in that has ended with Eddie being subbed, make a slight hurdle but ensuring a toe cap catches the goalie and allows a compliant PiGMOL waster to point to the spot, or, what used to happen. leap over the goalie to avoid injuring him. The latter is rarely seen on PL grounds these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.