Newcastle United (A) - Post-Match Thread

At the risk of sounding overly complacent, I think we can now discount Chelsea from the race. We look a cut above them at the moment. Great day all round for us. We seem to building that characteristic "Pep" head of steam and if we keep it up we'll be celebrating come May.

On the penalty that wasn't - brilliant decision. A little common sense was applied; Cancelo had already retrieved the ball and the Newcastle player didn't have a cat in hells chance of getting to it before a new phase of play began.
If Ederson deliberately brough him down it was a Pen, doesn't matter how far away the ball is and he was the nearest Newcastle player to the ball. I think they didn't give it as it was an off the ball coming together with both players carrying on natural momentum and no foul by either.

When will the Afcon boys leave??

I would have thought play Boxing day or 27th then leave for Africa 10 days before 1st game

Surely that's got to make a big big difference

If Ederson deliberately brough him down it was a Pen, doesn't matter how far away the ball is and he was the nearest Newcastle player to the ball. I think they didn't give it as it was an off the ball coming together with both players carrying on natural momentum and no foul by either.
Ederson didnt deliberately bring him down.....he was sliding out and once sliding NOONE can stop instantly.....Ederson tries to pull out but now way he can and they hit each other.......the Newcastle player wasnt within a few yds of the ball and Cancello is in complete control of the situation..>Even if Ederson didnt hit him, the Newcaslte player wouldnt have got anywhere near it.....

Complete non-incident.

Job done.

34 and counting.
3 pts clear of 2nd, 6pts off 3rd.
Never lost the PL when ahead at Xmas.
Made up the gulf in GD.
Lowest Goals Against.
Most clean sheets.
18 scorers.
12 pts and 31 GD over 4th place, so CL probably already secured for NEXT season.

Yes, it’s going to be a Merry Christmas!

And, IF we can 12 out of our next 12, that’ll be Arsenal & Chelsea put to the sword and 1st or 2nd place probably sorted.

If only 6 out of 12pts (losing to The Arse and Chelski), then we give back our advantage.

It could be a crucial month for City, which probably means the PL will call a halt to proceedings for 10-14 days starting tomorrow morning!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.