Newcastle United (A) - Post-Match Thread

Think Newcastle tried for45 minutes. As did their fans. Somehow strange what happened during and after half time.

Let’s see if the media finally prints we are the team to beat. WE ARE the team to beat.

Are you mistaking me for someone who was arguing with you?
Wouldn’t have been outraged at all if it was given but I can also see why they didn’t give it

No I’m genuinely asking as they change the rules so much I don’t know what’s current anymore. I thought Liverpools second goal today was handball but Salah but apparently not.

I think if we can win all our games up to Arsenal, we might be clear of Liverpool too.

Chelsea and Liverpool both play each other on Jan 2.

We absolutely need to keep winning throughout Xmas.

The Premier League has had a pretty simple formula since Pep/Conte arrived.

You beat the old record of 13 wins in a row and you win the league. Winning 1/3rd of the league season on the bounce is just too much for other teams to keep up with, they fall behind, a points gap is established and it's almost impossible to catch up.

Chelsea 16/17 - 13
City 17/18 - 18
City 18/19 - 14
Liverpool 19/20 - 18
City 20/21 - 13
City 21/22 - 8*

If we beat Leicester, Brentford, Arsenal, Chelsea and Southampton, the league is over, we'll be 10 points ahead.

Last edited:
damn. forgot Mahrez is leaving us.

I genuinely don't think we'll miss him.

Not because he's not brilliant, but we've barely played Jesus on the wing or Foden.

Torres will probably be back as well, I'm very doubtful Barca are going to cough up the necessary amount before deadline day, so he'll be there for most of it.

That penalty decision - if that happened in another part of the pitch, say mid-field, would the ref have blown for a foul and free kick ? No, because Cancelo had won the ball, was in total control of the ball, and play had transitioned to the next phase. Once the ball had gone out of play he might have gone back and booked the player for his challenge but he would have let play go on. It was effectively an 'off the ball' incident.
Foul is
Fair one. It can be looked at both ways I suppose. One of those scenarios where there will always be a grey area.
foul law says careless or reckless is a foul. On out reason I can think as to why it wasn’t given was cancello had ball so another phase of play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.