Newcastle United (A) - Post-Match Thread

If Ederson deliberately brough him down it was a Pen, doesn't matter how far away the ball is and he was the nearest Newcastle player to the ball. I think they didn't give it as it was an off the ball coming together with both players carrying on natural momentum and no foul by either.
Fair one. It can be looked at both ways I suppose. One of those scenarios where there will always be a grey area.

Get the “league isnt as strong as it used to be” a lot. Only from United fans as they can’t accept that we may just be better than them in their pomp.
Probably the strongest premier league ever. Even Norwich and Watford have much bigger budgets than the vast majority of La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga

That penalty decision - if that happened in another part of the pitch, say mid-field, would the ref have blown for a foul and free kick ? No, because Cancelo had won the ball, was in total control of the ball, and play had transitioned to the next phase. Once the ball had gone out of play he might have gone back and booked the player for his challenge but he would have let play go on. It was effectively an 'off the ball' incident.
Plus, I doubt Ederson would be that far out of his goal ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.