Newcastle United (A) - Post-Match Thread

Well taken goal by Cancelo and baby Kev’s pass to Mahrez superb.
Loved the ground covered by Razza for the fourth too.
Four away goals and a clean sheet
Thank you City - love this club.
Nothing like a player scoring against the suitors. See if they can come up with the four hundred thousand million dollars to try to buy Our Raz in January forward slash the summer

From their first games for us I could see exactly why Pep signed Cancelo and Rodri. The Pep effect on all our players is mind blowing. If there are better players in world football in their positions than Cancelo and Rodri then I haven't seen them.

From their first games for us I could see exactly why Pep signed Cancelo and Rodri. The Pep effect on all our players is mind blowing. If there are better players in world football in their positions than Cancelo and Rodri then I haven't seen them.

announcement on Christmas Day Pep has signed a 5 year extension would be nice :) plus it would ruin reds Christmas

It wasn't a vintage performance but let's be honest, this is what champions do - not at their best and come away with a 0-4 win.

We're in a fantastic position now and it's looking like Chelsea are mysteriously stalling after a good start. One thing about City is that we're a machine once we get going. Sure, we'll lose the odd game but I can't see us losing more than 2 games until the end of the season.

I've been a big critic of Sterling for a while now and in truth, I would still sell him. However, he does look like he's finding his timing for runs again and when he's like that he scores goals. It will be like a new signing if he can keep it up.

As for Newcastle, they are going down aren't they. They don't look bad, but just can't buy a win at the moment. They will be the team who will feel they were "unlucky" because of all the "if the Wilson header went in and we got the penalty" type moments. If they go down, it's because of years of mismanagement.

I half jokingly said after they sacked Bruce that he was the man to get you out of a relegation battle as he's done it before and did well to keep that side up for a few years given they've not spent much. I'm not sure what more Howe can do with them, unless they manage to bring in some absolutely top class mercenaries.

Anyway, great win against a team who've been awkward at times up there. Great win, top of the league, others dropping points.

Merry Christmas Blues! :)

It amazes me how Pep can take pretty much any player and make him world class. I think it's fair to say that Rodri and Cancelo took a little while to adapt to Pep's style, but they are phenomenal players.

He truly is the greatest manager in the world and I bet all the players on the training ground realise it.

Having a one week break before the tight christmas schedule would do wonders for us. Leicester has to play midweek while we have a week to prepare for them and Brentford.

Liverpool and Chelsea have midweek games this week and they have to play continuously. Chelsea are struggling right now and they have to play aston villa away next. I expect them to drop more points there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.