Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

I am slightly worried, but not about the team, more about ourselves, the fans. Let me explain.
In the pre match thread, I suggested that we should be wary of Newcastle given the influence of Howe, the recruitment etc, and said I would be happy with a draw, which is what I predicted.
Some “gentlemen“ said I was being disloyal to City. Well, nah nah na nah nah….look at the result.
They didn’t seem to take into account the barcodes massive turnaround since new year. I think they are third since then in points garnered. Nor did they understand the meaning of the word ‘prediction ’. Rather there was an attitude of We’re City, so we deserve to win and that is what you should predict. Oh dear, sounds like rags.
Just a reminder to them, you have to work your bollocks off every game to deserve a win. See also the post in this thread claiming Howe is a stupid twat!
I hope this is just one or two individuals rather than a general mood.

Not seen all the posts in this thread by any means but Howe is most certainly not a stupid twat. He's done a very good job at Newcastle, having actually done wonders at Bournemouth. He had a very good gameplan yesterday.

Last edited:
i have a feeling pep was just quite happy to stick with the players that got us back on level terms and were chasing the winner. Changing things up might have affected the momentum of the game at that point.
I was suggesting that Phillips came on after the concession of the second goal and certainly after the third. Once we had come back, there was a justification for not upsetting the apple cart.

That can't be right. Our games are boring, apparently.
The game yesterday had vibes of Liverpool 4 - 3 Newcastle. The only thing missing was either side getting the 4th goal. The game, and a few others already this season show why the league is probably the best in the world and it's only getting better.

Now that the dust has settled, what a game.

I can live with a point but we left out several big chances,
magpies didn't. They were more efficient.

That's why we should have won (and winning 4-3 is as much entertaining btw). Too many didn't have their best day, many cheap mistakes and poor decisions from our lads.

No big drama, we did show a good fight back without happy end.
On to the 2 home matches!

Yeah it's pretty different. The amount of force and the fact he went with his studs up makes this a nailed on red.

When the replays of the Trippier foul came on, it seemed pretty obvious that it was more of a high trip than and out and out kick. Not much force and his studs pointed towards the ground.

The fact it was the knee makes it perfectly justifiable why Kev was initially so pissed off and I would understand if the red stood but it wasn't as bad as I first thought.
But it clearly was a clear & obvious mistake. You could argue for red or yellow but can’t justify the var decision to review under current laws.

I can live with a point but we left out several big chances,
magpies didn't. They were more efficient.

That's why we should have won (and winning 4-3 is as much entertaining btw). Too many didn't have their best day, many cheap mistakes and poor decisions from our lads.

No big drama, we did show a good fight back without happy end.
On to the 2 home matches!
West Ham, Villa, Newcastle, this come back lark is becoming a habit. Good, but try not to fall behind, lads.

Great game of football. You get those away games where it doesn’t go to plan. Chelsea yesterday, Liverpool getting tanked a couple of years ago by Villa. But the self belief and guts to get it back to a draw and not fold completely was the mark of a truly great team.

Toon did well but I reckon they will fold like wet cabbage leaves when Liverpool get there.

Well pleased we fought back and didnt fold,However 3 time in 5 games we have had to come from being 2 down.Hopefully nothing more than a blip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.