Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Got to give Newcastle some praise. Thought they were excellent and gave us a fright. Glad we salvaged a point from that and it gives us a kick up the arse to put the games to bed ASAP.
I agree with this, well played Newcastle, they were well up for it and Saint Maximin was a real handful. The crowd were really engaged also. The Premier League isn't meant to be a stroll, and we fought back for a hard earned point. The vast majority of teams would have lost that game. Lets not reach the stage where we feel entitled to win football matches.

Newcastle did well caught me by surprise they played very attacking in that first half and deserved a point.

Enjoyable game overall, got to give toon some credit. I've been bemoaning the fact teams just sit in against us and the bar codes had a proper go.
ASM is unplayable in that kind of mood but wildly inconsistent often with little end product. Some days though he will get it right, against us was one of those days.
I'm not having Grealish was injured either. We all know why he wasn't there.
Commentators bringing up the Almiron bollocks was frankly just shit stirring and making out he had a great game was fucking embarrassing.
As for us, a little off it 1st half and we're still nowhere near fully match fit which is why I think Pep left them out there unchanged. That and we were working fine in the latter stages and should have won it in the end.
Some real knee jerk reactions from a few to individuals performances but we are often a little inconsistent early on in the season. It will come.
Great save by Pope from Haaland that hit the post what a goal that would have been.
Didn't think it was a red either, just. Stones got sent off last year versus West Ham for something similar and I didn't think that was a red either, but that didn't get overturned by VAR.
I was thinking KDB has been on the end of some awful challenges whilst with us some going unpunished like Kante v Chelsea when he scored last year. Delle Alli, Romeou v Southampton when Sterling scored a late winner. Worst has to be the knee high, off the ball scissor tackle from behind versus Palace at theirs fortunately lady karma was watching and he did his cruciate doing it and got sent off.

Fernandinho used to do it once a game every game.
CDFA0460-ADC5-4763-94C5-15DF9B45F7A2.jpeg
That is the exact definition of a straight red in the laws of the game

High & out of control. Doesn’t matter if there’s intent or not, or if he seriously injured Kev or not

Fernandinho really didn’t make a single challenge like that in any game as far as I can remember, so to say he did it every game is a little odd to say the least

In the cold light of day we rescued a point in glorious fashion and had them hanging on like a beaten boxer for the last half an hour.
judging by the Guardians fawning over the Geordie fat lads it completely blows the myth of the sportswashing narrative. It’s City they don’t like or should I say hate, because we have no right to deprive the red shirts of their god given right to trophies.
well fuckem we ain’t going anywhere, already looking forward to Palace on Saturday, we owe them twats a good twatting.

yep

the media hate is in full voice spouting the crap over and over again,
but the results and titles silverware you can not hide from the headlines

Many posts on red or yellow..well it will not be changed..seems a 50/50 split..in truth there should be other discussions about the team and new style of play..we seem vulnerable with attacking sides..more so now than before with this new formation..Cant see us beating the scousers or other top European teams with that formation..Mind you early days..lets see what the maestro comes up with..he has not let us down yet.
He will probably play Rodri and Phillips as a double shield against the best teams. I think Phillips was bought primarily to cut off counter attacks against the best attacking sides.

Enjoyable game overall, got to give toon some credit. I've been bemoaning the fact teams just sit in against us and the bar codes had a proper go.
ASM is unplayable in that kind of mood but wildly inconsistent often with little end product. Some days though he will get it right, against us was one of those days.
I'm not having Grealish was injured either. We all know why he wasn't there.
Commentators bringing up the Almiron bollocks was frankly just shit stirring and making out he had a great game was fucking embarrassing.
As for us, a little off it 1st half and we're still nowhere near fully match fit which is why I think Pep left them out there unchanged. That and we were working fine in the latter stages and should have won it in the end.
Some real knee jerk reactions from a few to individuals performances but we are often a little inconsistent early on in the season. It will come.
Great save by Pope from Haaland that hit the post what a goal that would have been.
Didn't think it was a red either, just. Stones got sent off last year versus West Ham for something similar and I didn't think that was a red either, but that didn't get overturned by VAR.
I was thinking KDB has been on the end of some awful challenges whilst with us some going unpunished like Kante v Chelsea when he scored last year. Delle Alli, Romeou v Southampton when Sterling scored a late winner. Worst has to be the knee high, off the ball scissor tackle from behind versus Palace at theirs fortunately lady karma was watching and he did his cruciate doing it and got sent off.
Why was not Grealish not there ?? Have I missed something ??

View attachment 53512
That is the exact definition of a straight red in the laws of the game

High & out of control. Doesn’t matter if there’s intent or not, or if he seriously injured Kev or not

Fernandinho really didn’t make a single challenge like that in any game as far as I can remember, so to say he did it every game is a little odd to say the least
Spot-on Fern was much more skilful. He would often nudge or just trip players but rarely did be make a lunge like that.

If Newcastle fans and the media are deluded enough to think Almeron is a good player then more power to their elbow , because he is absolutely shite , the goal he scored he knew nothing about and he just runs about a lot and plays to the crowd , i wouldnt let him put the cones out if he trained with us.
Grealish was 100% right , if any of our players are having an off day they should be made to wear a shirt with Almeron on the back , he looks like a muppet and plays like a muppet , he will be one of the first out the door as Newcastle continue to uprade their squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.