Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

I was suggesting that Phillips came on after the concession of the second goal and certainly after the third. Once we had come back, there was a justification for not upsetting the apple cart.
When is Phillips going to start a game, I think he'll be warming that bench until Rodri gets injured

Many posts on red or yellow..well it will not be changed..seems a 50/50 split..in truth there should be other discussions about the team and new style of play..we seem vulnerable with attacking sides..more so now than before with this new formation..Cant see us beating the scousers or other top European teams with that formation..Mind you early days..lets see what the maestro comes up with..he has not let us down yet.

I need to find time to watch the game in a state of calm but my feeling is that it's not so much that the defence was all over the place in some sort of disorganised fashion as much as we push men forward, in a very delibertae organised way but if team manage to break on us or win possession back high, which I beleive Newcastle did more than has happened in Pep's time in the league bar one other occassion, it leaves us short and then you do look all over the place.

It also probably didn't help losing Ake as the team would have prepared the game on the basis of the Stones / Ake partnership. A small thing, given Stones / Dias are hardly strangers but still not helpful.

Yeah all over the place was probably the wrong choice of words - very exposed!

Reactions: OB1
People saying “Newcastle showing the way to play against City”.

If the whole league copy that game plan and tactics we will get close to 100 points again. They were lucky they played that way in the second half and lived to tell the tale.

People saying “Newcastle showing the way to play against City”.

If the whole league copy that game plan and tactics we will get close to 100 points again. They were lucky they played that way in the second half and lived to tell the tale.
If we had been a bit sharper it would have been 3-0 in the first 15 minutes. The MSM are just wanking off cos we dropped points.

Pope was superb and Saint-Maximin was too. They had the bottle to give us a game instead of playing a back 9. Full credit to them. Full credit to us for coming back from 1-3 in a hostile atmosphere.

If Newcastle play like that every game they will do very well this season. But will they? We shall see. If they play like that against the rags they'll win 9-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.