Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Every non City fan and Pundit now saying its not a red would not say the same if their star man is taken out like that.

Micah said when he first saw it he thought Red yet when he saw the slow downed replay and where he caught KDB then a yellow was right!

I didn't see it live but heard it described as a "trip" a fucking trip!

For me it's a Red all day long, just look at Trippiers face, he looks right at Kev and thinks i'm stopping him, it's only pure luck that Kev wasn't hurt. A foot at knee height when Kevs at full pelt is fuckin dangerous.

Kyle Walker doing that to Maximus :-) yesterday it ain't getting overturned.

Last edited:
Did well to get back into the match after a poor middle 50 mins.

Referee bottled the red card due to VAR, there is a difference between a tactical foul and a knee high foul that could have ended De Bruyne's season.

Haaland, De Bruyne & Bernardo salvaged the point.

Could be a good point come the end of the season.

Andy Hinchcliffe can fuck off.
The Mag vermin are celebrating as if they won.
When we, Safc, were 3-1 and 2-1 up at your place and only got draws I was gutted.

To be fair it was certainly an entertaining game, particularly for the neutrals. If Newcastle could perform like that every week, they could nick a top 4 position. Howe is a very good manager and had them well rehearsed for this one. The freedom they had to attack from out wide made it easier for them and I don’t think that pushing Cancello and Walker forward, and inside, did us any favours. Couldn’t understand why Pep didn’t change something there. The biggest positive for me was the mental strength shown by the players to get the draw from the position and atmosphere they were in. As many have already said, Harland is an absolute beast and will do a fantastic job for us. Our supporters were fantastic. On to next league game on Saturday, lets get behind the lads to help them secure 3 points.

Did well to get back into the match after a poor middle 50 mins.

Referee bottled the red card due to VAR, there is a difference between a tactical foul and a knee high foul that could have ended De Bruyne's season.

Haaland, De Bruyne & Bernardo salvaged the point.

Could be a good point come the end of the season.

Andy Hinchcliffe can fuck off.
seen Vincent sent off for less than that

This season will be bonkers & our come back was huge after watching this wknds games. A lot of teams have raised their game.

It was a great effort from the boys at weekend.

Out of interest, why did you think that?
in my mind it was:
no attempt to play the ball
two footed and off the ground
knee high
out of control

= Red.
From my look in real time it didn’t appear two footed nor off the ground nor out of control nor did he make serious contact with the studs which is why I was surprised in real time. I don’t get the two footed part even after the replay. “Out of control” is a judgement call. Off the ground he was as he was knee high.

The game was a classic and at times breathless and we came close at 1-0 to making it a comfortable away win. St Maximin had a 30 min burst as good as any opposition player for years. The Geordie matchday forum is a carbon copy of over reaction, panic just like ours but largely ends in elation at giving the best team in Europe (as further proved tonight ) a really tough game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.