Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Don’t people see the problem with Rodri in games like these? When we have the ball with 70-80% possesion in games, he’s loving life. With time on his side and no pressure from the opposition, he could pick out anyone to pass to. But in games like these when they are closing him down, his weaknesses are shown very clearly. His defensive contributions are a problem. That’s always been my view.
Not saying this is on him, but Newcastle just sliced through our midfield today.

Our game is possession football so when we don’t have it and teams really go at us with pace we do look vulnerable but second half back on controlled the game got the draw just a pity we didn’t get a winner

Considering how hard Pep made it for the team it's a good point. But we are so vunerable to pace its unreal. A lot on here calling out Walker, but Cancelo was just as bad and not for the first time. None of our Centre halves seem to carry it forward as well as laporte and he's better at attacking corners than the rest too. Big Season for Foden, he needs to do more if he's to become the player he has promised to be.
Could have been better , could have been worse. We'll take the point and move on.
This will be a tough year for us i think..pace is crucial and this season 50 / 50's are thankfully allowed now..but we need some balls to compete..maybe Phillips can fit in there

At home we'll be ok. As someone said, that was Newcastles fa cup final. That being said, i think points at Newcastle will look like decent points come the end of the season.
Just came on bluemoon agree with you 100%. I am happy with the result.
Newcastle played well today, did well, not to fall apart when we drew even.

Really worried if Ake is injured cause stones was absolutely shocking today and that can sometimes be a harbinger for him.

Some really poor performances today, but I thought Foden was particularly poor. Young players have a dip after a rapid rise. I hope his is short.
Thought Ake looked super composed and confident prior to the injury.

Maybe Wednesday is a good chance to get Stones another 45 minutes at least to knock the rust off his game, he was noticeably hesitant in possession.

Wednesday - get the entire bench playing an hour plus, fingers crossed no injuries.

i haven’t read the thread but Haaland has changed us, a year ago we would not have came back and drew this game. We didn’t have a player that we could turn too. The team will see this as we go on with the season and start picking him out. The way he draws space for the team and then a finish like today. A point gained and remember we take 2 months to get into gear and if this is where we are now we are in for a ride…

I wonder why Pep didn't change it up. Mahrez, Spider may have made a difference. maybe he felt taking Foden off would've really affected the lad.

In the balance to come back showed great skill and character after hitting the post and they go up and score. Well done City. Put the mad period in the first half behind us. Ake was missed.

Apart from the result, what a great game of football, last week all the media raved about spurs v chelsea, shirley this game will get the same

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.