Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

How many times are sky going to mention the Almirón comment??? A nothing comment from a pissed up Grealish, but he does learn to keep his mouth shut for just the reasons we are seeing today.
I think he'll realise that now. Might have to wipe some egg off his face after today.

Last edited:
But not disastrously bad, just noticeably (and understandably) not at his best this early with a lack of football.

Given our recent history of slow starts we haven’t done too badly at all, hopefully keep improving week by week.

Someone will get 5-7 very soon.
Not one of our team is match fit yet and I think rightly so. It's going to be a very weird a difficult season. If we still have a bit in the tank after Christmas I think it'll do us well.

Stones was hung out to dry a bit today, but his performance was like a scrapbook of his worst traits. I actually think he's by far out best centre half when on it, hopefully today out of the system quickly

On another topic I think Haaland is going to score a lot of goals for us but I do wonder how patient Pep is going to be with his low number of touches per game and general involvement. He isn’t really helping us defensively so we are effectively playing with ten men for large parts of the game. That’s not really Peps style.
But he makes run after run into danger areas where the ball simply isn't played to him, I think he could easily have had another one or two today if the supply was confident and allowed to be occasionally more direct (i don't mean a hoof), without adding the customary additional passes...

We were battering them last 20 and scored twice in under 4 minutes.

We could have easily scored again and Pep obviously didn’t want to disrupt that.
Can understand both points of view but it was a great game to watch and credit to Newcastle. Especially Saint Mamimum (never mind errors on our part) who was simply magnificent. He ran us ragged a few times.
BUT for me this is down to missed chances early on. We should have been 2-0 up at least and it's nothing about attacking too quickly, it's just poor finishing. Phil should have squared the ball, that's what Haaland was bought for. And Kevin is good enough to Bury his chance.
2-0 up and it's a different game and probable easy win. Then you can give game time to Phillips, Palmer, Alvarez etc.
We've bought an established Englanc International midfielder. When is he going to get minutes in a world Cup year given we have a bogey team in Palace next.
When we're on top, Bury the game City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.