Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Walker could most definitely not cope with his speed. He was running in his vapour trail most of the game. Walker's pace looked like a distant memory for much of the game.
I hope Walker has not been affected by the injury at the end of last season because if he loses his pace, he has nothing else to offer.

Yea but he can produce one moment of magic and bam we back. Not like other played that well lol
No Foden didnt play well but Mahrez goes missing regularly in games like that so no certainty he would have made any difference

He didn’t have to pull it back. A square pass would have been latched onto by Haaland. He's no slouch, witness his performance against WHU.
Take a look at that post again with both stills, a square pass would bring the defenders leg, the goalie and haaland not getting there into the equation.

The distance from Phil and Erling is much bigger. The first one was a simple side pass to a player very close. It was a obvious mistake from Phil.

This one is not as clear imho. I'm not saying he couldn't have done it.

Maybe VAR could have a look:-)

Good game! Credit where it is due! For large parts of that game they unsettled City and deserved their lead. Good come back but I am glad this fixture is now, rather than a more crucial time of the season later on. More top 6 teams will drop points there and to be honest, if Newcastle have a decent Jan transfer window they might be breaking into that 6!!! Good luck to em, there are at least 4 clubs I'd rather they replace!

We have struggled against Palace at home before..not judt defence they won a lot of second balls today everywhere. Funny no mention of money any more, now Newcastle have it it will be all about special atmosphere....meeja always hated us coming up...fun to acknowledge our crowd and loyalty wwws... soon as we started winning the knives were out.

Zaha vs Walker will be interesting.

Take a look at that post again with both stills, a square pass would bring the defenders leg, the goalie and haaland not getting there into the equation.

The distance from Phil and Erling is much bigger. The first one was a simple side pass to a player very close. It was a obvious mistake from Phil.

This one is not as clear imho. I'm not saying he couldn't have done it.

Maybe VAR could have a look:-)
I have. The square pass was definitely on. He had half a yard on the defender. We'll have to agree to disagree on it.

So your post implies we need to play 4-2-3-1 against such teams or dropping Haaland.
no

We need Bernardo central in my opinion as his energy and ability in tight spaces is second to none in our teams..

We need to get the midfielders to get closer to each other in these situations while at the same time we could be utuiling Haaland more by trying the through ball quicker to stretch their team...you dont have to do it too often before an opposing defence will start to drop which then follows the midfielders will or we exploit the gaps between those two lines.

Of course you could also add Phillips in there if you wish as he is a more physical player than Gundo for instance.

Or keep the fullback wide and not tuck them in to spread the pitch

There are numerous options

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.