Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Congrats to you lot for being hip to injury news that broke just before the game. Some brilliant football minds amongst yous. It’s not about who he did or didn’t play. Why have the world’s most expensive bench if you’re not gonna use it? Esp in an up and down game like that. Fook me.
Don’t think we do anymore, think Chelsea have acquired that title.

Has anyone got a link to the highlights or at least the goals? Currently abroad and wasn’t able to watch the match. All the highlights I’ve found are blocked as I’m abroad. Thanks.
Download a free VPN and watch the SkySport YouTube channel

You could argue VAR got both decisions right - which was what it was brought in for.

I thought the Almiron goal was handball at first rather than offside (it was proved correct and awarded)

The red I think you can call either way… you’ve seen them be red and yellow… for me though I was disappointed VAR didn’t show Trippier turn his head to look and adjust to go for KDBs leg, it’s wreckless, cynical and for me it’s a red

You can’t say the ref was biased as BrunoG should have received a second yellow which the ref could easily have given on another day

Regardless it was a great game, impressed with Newcastle and Howes tactics and impressed how we pulled it back from being dead at 3-1…. Overall on balance a draw seemed the correct result but either side could have won by 2 clear goals

“Eddie Howe is a gormless twat” Right.
This gormless twat took over a bankrupt side at the bottom of div 2 and in danger of dropping out of the league and propelled them to the premier league. Lucky for them he was so gormless.
If Eddie Howe is a gormless twat, I'll take a gormless twat every day of the week. He's changed everything at the club from day one when he turned up for training at 7am and stayed until 7pm and has done the same ever since. He took over a team who were simply not fit enough to last 45 minutes never mind 90 and the players had no idea of what was expected of them. So far he looks to be a great manager and it's a toss up between him and Potter as to who are the best English managers. Potter is doing really well but has worked with his players much longer than Howe has. I didn't rate him until I got to see him up close at our club.

I work on the basis if you can get to Christmas having averaged 3 points per home game and 1 per away game, that's a good base for kicking on to the end of the season. After 3 games, we're ahead of that so happy with the start. Very early days but good fighting spirit today against an improving team who gave absolutely everything. And Haaland.....some player he is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.