Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Obviously everyone knows how good Kev is, but that assist for Bernardo today isn’t being talked about enough. The temptation to just look for Haaland who’s right in front of him must be massive, but for Kev to spot the run from Bernardo in such a short amount of time and then to execute it so perfectly is just incredible. We are so lucky to watch and love these players.
CTID

I still think it wasn't an easy pass inside today as Erling was a couple of yards too far back. The criticism should be for last week only.
Thank goodness that I'm not the only one who thinks this as well.

Sky commentator going on about Trippier being a City reject ffs. He left about 15 years without making a first team appearance and I don't think I've heard anyone make the connection between him and City before.
I did think that was odd. It's the first I've heard of it, anyone would think we'd done him a disservice and he had a grudge!

[snip] ...I had a feeling of foreboding about this match, ESPECIALLY as the media kept playing up the "Almiron" comment from Grealish at the end of the season. I'd suggest that was the reason he wasn't in the squad & not because of a knock he received last weekend...[snip]
Wow, so Pep didn't include Grealish in the squad not because of an injury from a bad fall we all saw him take last match, but because of a tiny banter comment that Pep wouldn't give the smallest shit about, that was played up on social media by sensitive little flower NU fans and then blown up further again today by Sky looking to stir shit?

Grealish was also not in training all week, so presumably Pep also let one of his first team players (upon whom he has lavished praise recently) off training and out of the match day squad because of a silly little comment Pep probably didn't know about and certainly didn't care about. On top of that, Pep is literally on video in an interview before the match talking about how Jack sustained ligament damage from the "incredible blow" he took in the Bournemouth game. Presumably Pep also made up that detailed lie, because Jack wasn't actually out because he's injured but because of some silly little comment nobody but NU fans on Twitter cared about.

Honestly, some people's Grealish agenda is so weird it actually extends into the realms of fantasy.

Nothing to disagree with there, as I'm one of those who thought a yellow was fair enough.
But, you'd better bloody turn up against Liverpool and get St Maximum to rip Trent a new one.
Yellow was fair enough but the red shouldn't have been overturned once given. Knee high challenge with both feet off the ground so deemed out of control. He didn't hurt DeBruyne so a yellow would have been sufficient. But he'd given a red and should have stuck with it, the VAR was out of order

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.