Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Mahrez then, it doesn’t matter the point still stands. I suppose Jackie is being saved for the midweek friendly. Pep used 1 sub due to injury and a few of the lads looked dead at the end. It was a game we could’ve easily taken 3 from, so no need to be c u next Tuesday son.
Jackie isn't being "saved for the midweek friendly" because, as per Pep, he's got some ligament damage due to the injury he sustained in the Bournemouth match. He hasn't been training and he'll be out for a few weeks at least.

Was it me or did Phil shit out of a 50/50 ( might even have been 60/40! ) - looked to me as though he could have certainly caused their keeper an issue
Yes, would have liked to have seen him go for it. Tbf to Phil though a lot of attackers nowadays don’t fancy them sort of situations with a keeper.

Haaland is in for Kun, we turned to false nine after he left and never replaced him. You can say Alvarez is in for Jesus, but we are short of a player for Raheem position and it is obvious Pep is going Bielsa's way and working with a smaller squad. Palmer is obviously promoted permanently to the first team. How smart it is, we'll see at the end of the season. Pep has mentioned today Haaland won't be able to play every three days, so another thing to ponder about. Oleks and Jesus were seasoned PL players, Alvarez and this boy Gomez are definitely not and it is to be seen how Phillips is going to fit in.
you can't carry 25 top players. Top players want to play...Jesus at Arsenal..playing like a player whose position is secure = different player....Sterling's technique will always leave doubt ...Olly wanted man now - makes them more confident and better for it.

i have...look back at pl sending off's...bet you don't have to go far back to match one. don't get me wrong i wouldn't have given it, but loads have been. and biased mmeja with heir set agenda zzzzz...
I agree, I can remember Fernandinho red card against Burnley when he got the ball in 2017, then we have challenges like this that’s a red all day long.

I haven’t. Not for a challenge like that.,was yellow all day long.
No attempt to win the ball intentionally took out his opponent, who could have fell awkwardly and suffered a bad injury, he had both feet off the ground and so was out of control It should be a red and it’s a shame that the ref bottled it as it gives licence to commit fouls like that

I'll take the draw, especially when we fought back to get the point.

However. Trippier, studs up, both feet off the ground and out of control is a Red any day of the year...apart from when it's committed on a City player, than VAR downgrades it to Yellow. If anyone doubts that PIGMOL are corrupt, go read the laws of the game and comeback with the reasons why that was overturned.

And Andy fucking Hinchcliffe....was he touched up in the showers at City ? Why is that **** let anywhere near the Mic for any game we are involved in? He almost squealed with joy whenever they scored, celebrated when our goal was overturned due to offside and the Trippier and VAR defence (5-10 mins of crap about how good it is and how Trippier didn't deserve a Red) was bile inducing. He is a **** of the highest order.

Fuck off Hinchcliffe.

ps Pep's weird sub policy was in full evidence today........
Never a red, he stuck a leg out and tripped him to stop kdb breaking through midfield. Definite yellow but not a red, var actually did a good job correcting the referees mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.