Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

As for the game today, I’m not very happy. Sure Newcastle did well but look at the squad we have. We should do better.

I won’t change my stance regarding Rodri. He struggles against teams with high pressing and fast players. He’s capable of a lot but defending is not one of them. The way Newcastle time after time just sliced through our midfield within seconds and running past Rodri with ease was a clear indication of where things were heading. I think Rodri is better suited against teams sitting deep. I can’t stand watching him run next to opposing players and not getting physical. I expect a holding/defensive mid to atleast Try and put in a fkng tackle, standing or sliding I don’t care. Just do something.

I honestly think Kalvin would do great for us.

Obviously everyone knows how good Kev is, but that assist for Bernardo today isn’t being talked about enough. The temptation to just look for Haaland who’s right in front of him must be massive, but for Kev to spot the run from Bernardo in such a short amount of time and then to execute it so perfectly is just incredible. We are so lucky to watch and love these players.
CTID

Agree, watched Kev all these years and knows what he’s capable of but todays assist to Bernardo surprised even me. He really is a remarkable footballer. He has to win balon d’Or at some point.

Jackie isn't being "saved for the midweek friendly" because, as per Pep, he's got some ligament damage due to the injury he sustained in the Bournemouth match. He hasn't been training and he'll be out for a few weeks at least.
I got the update but thanks a million. I’m not on about Grealish not playing, I’m on about no subs in a frenetic game.

I'll take the draw, especially when we fought back to get the point.

However. Trippier, studs up, both feet off the ground and out of control is a Red any day of the year...apart from when it's committed on a City player, than VAR downgrades it to Yellow. If anyone doubts that PIGMOL are corrupt, go read the laws of the game and comeback with the reasons why that was overturned.

And Andy fucking Hinchcliffe....was he touched up in the showers at City ? Why is that **** let anywhere near the Mic for any game we are involved in? He almost squealed with joy whenever they scored, celebrated when our goal was overturned due to offside and the Trippier and VAR defence (5-10 mins of crap about how good it is and how Trippier didn't deserve a Red) was bile inducing. He is a **** of the highest order.

Fuck off Hinchcliffe.

ps Pep's weird sub policy was in full evidence today........
Not particularly a fan of Hinchcliffes commentary and opinions but he is well in credit in my bank purely from that header 33 years ago.

And it wasn’t a red.

you can't carry 25 top players. Top players want to play...Jesus at Arsenal..playing like a player whose position is secure = different player....Sterling's technique will always leave doubt ...Olly wanted man now - makes them more confident and better for it.
We are not carrying 25 top players, we have 18 outfield players who can realistically expect to feature in the PL. Of those, Gomez - we have no clue how he is going to adapt to the PL, Alvarez - we can only hope the South American player of the year wont have difficulties to fit in and Palmer - he had few games only and we are from knowing realistically his impact for the whole season. With competing on the four fronts and so many games, with impact of wear and tear throughout the season and five subs option, we have the thinnest of thin squads in the league.

Entertaining game and good comeback so happy with a point. It also reminds some of our more cocky supporters that we are fallible. I hate seeing predictions of 4-0 and suchlike all over social media. (Unless we’re playing the rags.)

Mediocre performances all round. Kyle got a rinsing. Foden was selfish again. No substitutions. Feel a bit sorry for players who appear destined to warm the bench.

Although Gundo KDB and Bernardo are all brilliant today. I have a feeling that we need to have someone with pace dropping more deep close to Rodri to make a better balance. Maybe it will work against a worse side like last week but it won't work with more aggressive team like today.

Just watched some clips from West Ham game again and felt that in that game Grealish dropped as deep as a midfielder quite a lot of time. Maybe that is the point to tip over the balance.

Never a red, he stuck a leg out and tripped him to stop kdb breaking through midfield. Definite yellow but not a red, var actually did a good job correcting the referees mistake.

We will have to agree to disagree, he was off the ground when he made the tackle and therefore out of control. Red for me

Jackie isn't being "saved for the midweek friendly" because, as per Pep, he's got some ligament damage due to the injury he sustained in the Bournemouth match. He hasn't been training and he'll be out for a few weeks at least.

How long will the injury take? Just curious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.