Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Watched it back a few times now, the two players were running at similar pace, and the high foot that came across kev had about as much power as a fart in the wind.
Its a shit foul at best. He tripped him up at knee level.
It's borderline yellow, never mind red.
kev gets up and gets on with it.
I thought it was a great decision
Enough power to take him down or you saying he dived?
He could have fallen and been badly injured but he did get up, on another day!
Running at the same pace really Kev was leaving him in his wake that’s why he took him out
No attempt to win ball openly admitted he took him out
Borderline yellow! Which century you watching football in?

Never a red, he stuck a leg out and tripped him to stop kdb breaking through midfield. Definite yellow but not a red, var actually did a good job correcting the referees mistake.
Stuck a leg out and tripped him !!!! It was a 2 footed tackle above the the knee and intentional , which he admitted him self after the game . Plus the fact it was a great scoring opportunity .

Last edited:
Fantastic game that we should have won, but could easily have lost.

Well played Newcastle. Far better and braver to press high up the pitch against City, because we're not so good when the opposition have the ball.
Also, those long floating passes from Ederson to Walker might look good, but invariably lead to City losing the ball in silly positions.

Two feet off the ground, knee high connecting with Kevin. Red all day. Let's see if the Prem say something to prevent the floodgates opening to two-footed airborne lunges.
I actually said after it was downgraded to a yellow that he’s essentially told every player on the pitch they can now do a knee high challenge, whilst being out of control with 2 feet off the ground

Thank fuck no player I n either team took him up in the challenge

I’m still gobsmacked as it seemed to be the exact definition of a red card in the laws of the game

Absolutely belting game so I’m kinda glad in a way it ended 11vs11

I think this iteration of the side might be the weakest since Pep built the 2017/18 side. The balance doesn’t feel good and we have no depth at all. The importance of the players that have left has been seriously undervalued by the fans IMO.

I still expect we’ll win the league because Liverpool don’t look up to it, but currently this side doesn’t get close to 17/18, 18/19 or 20/21 for me.
I always respect your opinion, but I’m sure you said a couple of weeks ago this iteration would challenge 100 points for the season?

Enough power to take him down or you saying he dived?
He could have fallen and been badly injured but he did get up, on another day!
Running at the same pace really Kev was leaving him in his wake that’s why he took him out
No attempt to win ball openly admitted he took him out
Borderline yellow! Which century you watching football in?
I'm assuming your on the wum so I'll be kind. For now.
Yes, there was enough power to take him down, that's what made it a foul. Are you seriously suggesting I think kev
dives? Arguing against yourself there.

He could have fallen and been badly injured.
He did fall, because he was tripped. He wasn't badly injured.
He could of been, but he wasn't. He got up and got on with it.

Show me the clip that shows kev 'leaving him in his wake' because not only is that not true, its also somewhat ironically, a phrase often used from the last century.

I've seen kev kicked all over the pitch for years, same with dave not so long ago, often with a blind eye turned. Often made me feel we were being fucked over.
Not today though, that was an innocuous tackle.
With respect, its a contact sport.

I did think we missed Grealish a lot today, that was the kind of game that suits him and he really helps us in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.