Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

I did think we missed Grealish a lot today, that was the kind of game that suits him and he really helps us in.
The crass, stupid, infantile remarks made by Jack Grealish about Almiron at the end of last season explain the Newcastle United performance today.
I’m still waiting to see a single match where Grealish makes a difference.
Strangest transfer ever??

Thought Newcastle were very good today although I’m not sure doing a lap of honour in August is necessarily the way forward.
They’ll still struggle against anyone that sits back, as more teams will do against them now.

Love the sky presenter suggesting Newcastle have shown everyone else how to beat us, as always happens!
They say that every time we lose a match.
The theory might look simple, trying to execute it can have you 3-0 down at half time when City are on it.

The words “Off the floor” and “out of control” are not in the laws of the game when it comes to red card offence. They are phrases that shit pundits have been using for too long because they don’t know the laws of the game. You can be off the floor and out of control and it just be a free kick with no card shown.

There was no excessive force. The bullet point for a caution (yellow card) is exactly what Tripper’s offence was.
You forgot "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play".

Of course "out of control" is a factor in judging serious foul play.

The crass, stupid, infantile remarks made by Jack Grealish about Almiron at the end of last season explain the Newcastle United performance today.
I’m still waiting to see a single match where Grealish makes a difference.
Strangest transfer ever??
Maybe. But pep has this uncanny knack of knowing what he's fucking doing.
Grealish wasn't signed to make a difference, we already have a difference.

Watched it back a few times now, the two players were running at similar pace, and the high foot that came across kev had about as much power as a fart in the wind.
Its a shit foul at best. He tripped him up at knee level.
It's borderline yellow, never mind red.
kev gets up and gets on with it.
I thought it was a great decision
Agreed. I was surprised it was a red to begin with. I thought going in toe-first rather than studs first showed how Trippier was trying to avoid injuring the player while still committing a “professional foul”. You could see Trippier telling Kev he was trying to avoid hurting him and Kev knew that I think. I can definitely see the other side — it COULD have been dangerous and maybe a red is needed just for “could haves” — but I agree with you. And this coming from me, still absolutely livid about Milner’s foul on Silva last year which was far more cynical, painful AND he was on a yellow. Of course I wanted Trippier gone but glad for the “game” writ large the card was reversed. I think the ref got it right in the end and TBH had a good game overall.

Last edited:
Maybe. But pep has this uncanny knack of knowing what he's fucking doing.
Grealish wasn't signed to make a difference, we already have a difference.
So why do you think Grealish was signed?
Pep does not have this uncanny knack of knowing what he’s fucking doing - he’s brilliant in winning league titles but ……..flawed in key cup matches

Watched on a different channel today and only just watched the Sky highlights.

The difference in commentary between them and us was laughable.

I know they want a good underdog story but they crossed into outright being disappointed when we equalised.
Just check the commentary decibels for their third and our third...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.