Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

A couple of worries for me.

Walker looked shot, for the first time ever he started to look his age, hopefully just a bad game but also maybe a sign his pace is going and if that's the case we need to worry.

Foden, a guy with undoubted talent but is he starting to believe his own hype? Why has he not signed his contract, is the club reluctant to commit? Whatever he needs to get his head back in the game, and start playing the team game, he is clearly pissing off Haaland and rightly so, the big man should have another two goals for us in the last games but has not because of Fodens greed.

Finally we have a world class striker in our team, making amazing runs, for gods sake get the ball to him early, feed him and this big daft Viking will score goals for fun.

Last edited:
The crass, stupid, infantile remarks made by Jack Grealish about Almiron at the end of last season explain the Newcastle United performance today.
I’m still waiting to see a single match where Grealish makes a difference.
Strangest transfer ever??
Not strange just a huge, expensive, luxury one.

Maybe we thought Bernardo was leaving last season but even then the guy is second rate compared to Bernardo.

We lack athleticism in the center of midfield and have done for some time, yesterday Rodri was overrun , is Phillips the answer?

Big shout out for Gundongan, I thought he was total class yesterday, wonderful performance.

Last edited:
All this bloody tactics and tweaking…..might change my post name.
Cotontoquinn is new Edersontohaaland.

The lack of depth of FBs is worrying
With 5 subs rule, more and more mid table team will push the winger running forward and target Cancelo and Walker. Get them a yellow and then they will have a field day.

Gomaz and Rico are great but they don't have much PL experiences.

We should do some Ashley Young style signing. Signing an old seasoned PL experienced full back who are happy to staying on the bench but can be useful at times. At least give the opposite something to worry about. Perhaps not as old as Young.

Pep and fullbacks…….huge amount of money spent and still WTF.
I would love it, absolutely love it if we had 2 fullbacks who could defend really well and kick it into Row Z if required…….
Know that it’s not going to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.