Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

The tactics yesterday did him no favours at all that’s for certain, but there were signs last season Kyle’s physical excellence had dipped just slightly, that “B of the bang” has gone slightly, or his reflex’s, that ‘snap’, if you want it in simpler terms, his powers of recovery and recuperation are not what they were, people with a sports/science background will see these things too, it’s to be expected.

That’s not a slight on the lad either, he still remains one of the most outstanding athletes I’ve ever seen in my life and he’ll still have quite a few years ahead of him at top level if the decline remains steady and gradual, we as a club just have to manage what we ask of him a bit better.
I asked the question earlier in the thread and didn't get a response.

Has Kyle Walker had a bout of Covid at all? Even the slightest one can (not always does but can) leave a 'residue of fatigue for a loooong time later. I'm not talking Long Covid here just the after effects. I know at least 3 people who had a very mild dose and are still talking a month and more later of feeling extremely tired.

Just a thought lads and lassies.

I asked the question earlier in the thread and didn't get a response.

Has Kyle Walker had a bout of Covid at all? Even the slightest one can (not always does but can) leave a 'residue of fatigue for a loooong time later. I'm not talking Long Covid here just the after effects. I know at least 3 people who had a very mild dose and are still talking a month and more later of feeling extremely tired.

Just a thought lads and lassies.
had a load of ale over the summer i guess few week off full fitness yet

nobody plays as wide open as we do
great when passing and speed in the moves but one error and the speed of max leaves you wide open

Yep we controlled it better second half or maybe Maximo burned himself out bottom line we should of gone on and win after we equalised on the 64th min but still happy with the fight back and draw..

We really did miss Grealish. His ability to win fouls and slow play down is vital to stopping opponents momentum. He may not pop up with goals and assists but what he does do is slow the game down and help us control the game. He’s also brilliant at retaining possession.

Bit unfair on Kyle, I think. He had Joelinton right in front of him and was being drawn into marking/competing with him, given the midfield responsibilities he was tasked with, leaving ASM free behind him. I believe Howe did this deliberately.

ASM is one of the quickest players in the league and because of the above, Kyle was giving him 3 yards start most times which is why John was exposed having to come over to engage ASM. When it was a 'fair' race, I think Kyle did ok.

First half, we had 2 centre halves, and 2 fullbacks and a CDM playing in midfield playing against 6 attacking players who were choking any forward passes and getting at our penalty area. Maybe we are missing Lillo Lill atm, but he didn't correct it until half time.

Not often i criticise Pep but i thought he got it horribly wrong yesterday. Allowing Maximum the freedom he got by playing walker in the position he was just opened the game totally up for them. When Walker did play at RB his head was so gone from trying to play that CM position, he couldn't get near him and just allowed Maximum to completely run the game. We should of known that was the one area they could really hurt us and set up to stop that.
I'm sure we will improve, but it was just so easy and effective for them to employ that tactic.

that is how local radio commentary should be, totally biased to he team in their locality.

Can't say I really agree with this, frankly. Obviously, local radio will be broadly favourable to the local team, but actually, surely the job of a responsible journalist is to inform the viewer/listener? I'm a fan, so are you, we're allowed to be as biased as we like (and we are!), I don't really need it from a journo of any stripe, I just want them to tell what's going on in the game fairly equitably (and I can do the ranting and raving then to my heart's content).
Nedum seems to me one of the most exemplary journalists working in the media at present. You can clearly feel his affection for City, that's fine, but he doesn't let it cloud his judgement. He's extremely articulate, but he doesn't talk just for the sake of talking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.