Newcastle United (A) - Sun 19th Dec, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle are fighting for their lives. With their fans behind them, they are going to give a game on Sunday.
Hope many people predicting an easy win don't end up with eggs on their faces.
Don’t worry too much, cos if that happens, you can always pop up on the post match thread and smugly say ‘told you so’ eh? ;-)

(with some eggy gifs)

On the basis of Dias currently being on 4 yellows I`d rest him.
Hopefully he doesn't get booked in the next three against Newcastle, Leicester and Brentford, We then have Arsenal that's the game we want him to get a booking because we have Swindon away in the cup after that.

I certainly don't think we should rest him we can't rest him just because he has 4 yellows. If he gets another so be it. Stones and Laporte can do the job for a game.

Hopefully he doesn't get booked in the next three against Newcastle, Leicester and Brentford, We then have Arsenal that's the game we want him to get a booking because we have Swindon away in the cup after that.

I certainly don't think we should rest him we can't rest him just because he has 4 yellows. If he gets another so be it. Stones and Laporte can do the job for a game.
cut off for 5 bookings is 19 games, so Newcastle & Leicester to survive

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko
Rodri
Gundogan
Kdb
Mahrez
Foden
Jesus

Vital we keep momentum going, but we should be able to rotate a few out for this. Give cancelo an extended break and zinchenko has done nothing to warrant the chop. Give Bernardo a well earned rest, foden could do with finding his feet again after a stop start few weeks with niggles, mahrez has been undeservedly benched a lot this season, deserves his spot as does jesus. If gundogan is still feeling his back, move foden central and get sterling in. We've got some tough games coming up after Christmas, having as many players fit and in top form will be key to taking as many points as possible.
Both Bernardo and Cancelo can be on the bench for Sunday, we should have enough in reserve without being complacent

I would play the same starting 11 as last night.

Newcastle have not got long to recover assuming they still play tomorrow. Just need another 3pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.