Newcastle United (A) - Sun 19th Dec, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours starting to circulate on Twitter (yes I know) that the Leicester-Spurs match tonight is off. I really do fear it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug on at least this weekends games.

Rumours starting to circulate on Twitter (yes I know) that the Leicester-Spurs match tonight is off. I really do fear it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug on at least this weekends games.
Sky & BT and others like BEIN , NSBC etc have too much money invested in the Premier league and it will not be allowed to be cancelled , probably the next stage will be back to playing behind closed doors
Premier league cannot afford to have a blanket postponement of fixtures it would cost them too much money refunding all the media and TV companies , i can see clubs making requests for more match cancellations but there will be some games played to fulfill the TV contracts.
Unfortunately its all about the £££££.

How likely is it footballers on the pitch contract Covid from someone in the crowd? I would say it's highly unlikely. So why punish us fans by playing behind closed doors.

The matches are being cancelled for outbreaks of covid within squads.

Last time football was cancelled was because the pandemic/virus was new and it was causing 100s of people being admitted to hospital.

It's a hard call.

Newcastle are fighting for their lives. With their fans behind them, they are going to give a game on Sunday.
Hope many people predicting an easy win don't end up with eggs on their faces.
Seriously mate , we get comments like yours before every game , this fixture is top of the Premier league versus bottom of the Premier league , we have 13 wins from 17 games and Newcastle have won one game all season.
Newcastle are 18/1 to win this with the bookies , before the Leeds game there were also plenty of predictions of doom and gloom and we win 7-0.
My only interest in this game is that we have a great opportunity to level up the goal difference with the Dippers , ive backed 4-0,5-0 and 6-0 , and its not arrogance , Howe is the type of manager who attempts to play football and does not park the bus , which will play into our hands , if there is such a thing as a foregone conclusion then this match is the prime example.
The only eggs knocking about on Sunday will be on my breakfast.

it will circulate for a week, they'll all have natural immunity and then can carry on for the rest of the season so it makes sense. Let it do its thing for a week and then the cases will collapse in those social circles.

Brentford have asked for a break until Xmas and United have a surge in cases as well.
the case rates are rising and the players are no different.
can see a circuit break coming. Just hope they announce anything before lunchtime tomorrow so travelling fans are not put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.