Newcastle United (A) - Sun 21 Aug, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
most that chat with me seem to realise that its a long term project. and most are just happy to finally be able to see signs of progress after all the miserable years they've had.

they seem to want to go for it against us as they have nothing to lose. but the prematch thread is new.

They haven't gone big in any window which I think is a mistake. If they try to do this long term, it will take far longer than the ownership or fanbase thinks. Not while Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs to a lesser extent are spending like a drunk in a whorehouse. Unless they match and exceed them they'll never make top 4 in the next 10 years.
We know money isn't everything. You have to be able to sell the project to top, top players.
Even as a statement, winning the League Cup isn't easy as the top 6 field full strength squads in the latter stages which makes things much harder.
The fact we speak of a top 6 rather than the old top 4 is testament to how hard it will be for them. They would have to now out perform 2 of the big boys to finish 5th.
Sooner or later they will have to press the button, then we'll see some fireworks. As good as Howe has done he'll be the first to go. Pocetino or someone similar I would expect. Until then I can't see any form of meteoric rise.

most that chat with me seem to realise that its a long term project. and most are just happy to finally be able to see signs of progress after all the miserable years they've had.

they seem to want to go for it against us as they have nothing to lose. but the prematch thread is new.

Yeah I get all the sensible approach slow growth there happy with but how long will they be happy with finishing between 10th and 6th?

Last season they'd not lost for weeks and it was going to be a hard game....I know it was at our place but it certainly wasn't anything like a hard game, you can beat the Everton's of the Prem and look good, then you meet us and suddenly the winning run is over.

They haven't gone big in any window which I think is a mistake. If they try to do this long term, it will take far longer than the ownership or fanbase thinks. Not while Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs to a lesser extent are spending like a drunk in a whorehouse. Unless they match and exceed them they'll never make top 4 in the next 10 years.
We know money isn't everything. You have to be able to sell the project to top, top players.
Even as a statement, winning the League Cup isn't easy as the top 6 field full strength squads in the latter stages which makes things much harder.
The fact we speak of a top 6 rather than the old top 4 is testament to how hard it will be for them. They would have to now out perform 2 of the big boys to finish 5th.
Sooner or later they will have to press the button, then we'll see some fireworks. As good as Howe has done he'll be the first to go. Pocetino or someone similar I would expect. Until then I can't see any form of meteoric rise.
Is that fact because United started to finish outside the top 4? It’ll be the top 12 soon.

Honestly, I believe City will win. I think Newcastle offensive system still is subpar, but their defensive game is really good. So I think they will eventually concede against us and will not have the offensive power to try a better result.
My biggest worry is about Haaland goalscoring. He needs goals to feel more relaxed and adapted. He also said a big reason why he came to City was how many touches/opportunities the system creates. He almost didn't touch the ball last match.
So I hope he can score against Newcastle. The sooner he is relaxed and confident in the system, the better.
Two games, two goals and an assist, a handful of near misses. I don’t think you need to worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.