Newcastle United (A) - Sun 21 Aug, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want us to try a 3-5-2 with the new signing ( Gomez ) and Cancelo on the wing-back position. Ake - Stones - Ruben the back 3, KDB - Rodri double pivot midfield, and Haaland - Alvarez/Foden/Bernardo up front with one to play CF role in a 3-5-1-1, or a double Striker line-up. I think it would be disgusting.

More than likely it will be the exact same line-up and substitutions. :)
I can't see Pep doing that mate.
Why would we play with 3 CH's in this game? We didn't play that system against the dippers when they had, arguably, the best frontline in the league, so i doubt Pep will revert to that against newcastle!

I think there may be some changes, Bernie for Mahrez maybe, but i don't see any reason, bar injury, that Gundogan won't start. If it ain't broke....

Think they will see a closer match as progress from last year, so I’m going for a 1-3 city win.

Haaland, Cancelo, Mahrez…..

Getting my tickets dropped off in half an hour and driving up in the morning, looking forward to a long weekend in Newcastle with my better half.
Need any pub/restaurant advice?

Geordie in peace here.

Think the consensus amongst us is that a 1 or 2-0 loss is fine. These days Man City is a fixture you don't target for anything better than damage limitation. Keep it organised, disciplined, reduce the game to the first and last 5 minutes of each half. Try and punish you on the counter, or from set pieces. If I'm Eddie, I'm keeping one eye on the Wolves and League Cup games that are coming up.

Need any pub/restaurant advice?

Geordie in peace here.

Think the consensus amongst us is that a 1 or 2-0 loss is fine. These days Man City is a fixture you don't target for anything better than damage limitation. Keep it organised, disciplined, reduce the game to the first and last 5 minutes of each half. Try and punish you on the counter, or from set pieces. If I'm Eddie, I'm keeping one eye on the Wolves and League Cup games that are coming up.
Whilst I think you are correct and that we should take the points, nothing is ever guaranteed in the PL and on any given day, any team can produce

My negative prediction for the weekend is that Almiron bags a winner/ MOTM performance after Jack took the piss out of him at the parade.

Then again, I've had a bit of a shit week so if the boys can rack up the goals again then that would be splendid.

Edit: oh I've just seen what was posted before me. Lol

The union rooms is now Liberty House
Looks a wee bit more upmarket but has big screens and shows the football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.