Newcastle United (A) - Wed 27th Sept, 20:00 | EFL Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see City are favourites with the bookies to win tonight away at Newcastle and that's with no Rodri.
Yet the media have been wanking since the red card.
So I started to think, when was the last time City weren't favourites with the bookies to win a match?
I can't remember as we were favourites last season at Anfield, old Trafford and the Emirates last season, so it must be a long time ago

Interesting points you make, but Jack seems destined for the left side of Alvarez with Bobb on the right going off Akanji's Instagram line up. That also indicates we may see 3 at the back with Lewis & Gomez as wingbacks outside a central pivot pair of Kova & Kalvin.

Well you could read this...
Akanji just posted a picture in Instagram of Kova, Akanji, Ake, Gomez, Grealish, Julian, Phillips, Josko, Bobb and Rico all doing some drill together - think that’s the starters?

...also like this:
.......................Ortega....................
...Akanji..............Aké.............Gvardiol
..............Lewis...........Phillips............
...........Kovačić.........Grealish.............
Bobb................Àlvarez.............Gòmez

as Pep still wants to defend by controlling the match. That doesn't work by a flat 4, so Rico would probably go inside to help Kalvin in the mid while Sergio this season has moved on from LB to LW, rightly so.
And that means Jack would end up as an 8.
We'll see. Maybe we turn a difficult situation into something exciting and still rest key players while giving all others a proper go! :)

unless pep has clarkied everyone i'm not expecting anywhere near a full strength 11.

might as well put out the EDS tonight if thats inevitable come the quarters...

either way, we'll play our brand of football and tbh i wouldnt mind seeing some of the kids/understudy's being tested in this environment anyway.

I see City are favourites with the bookies to win tonight away at Newcastle and that's with no Rodri.
So I started to think, when was the last time City weren't favourites with the bookies to win a match?
I can't remember as we were favourites last season at Anfield, old Trafford and the Emirates last season, so it must be a long time ago

Bayern Munich away last season.................for some reason

unless pep has clarkied everyone i'm not expecting anywhere near a full strength 11.

might as well put out the EDS tonight if thats inevitable come the quarters...

either way, we'll play our brand of football and tbh i wouldnt mind seeing some of the kids/understudy's being tested in this environment anyway.
The EDS played pretty much full strength last night, Pep said yesterday in his press conference:
"unfortunately from the second team we could not take a few of them because we sold a lot of them, and still they are not ready to play with us.
So that’s why I have to give time to them to develop, it’s not just the fact that they’re from the Academy to bring them there, no.
I spoke with Txiki (Begiristain), I spoke with Brian (Barry-Murphy), still they are not prepared right now because the Academy is generations, and they need a little bit of time to grow up."

Always want City to win, but if they miss out on the Carabao Cup I won’t shed many tears, we already have too many games in a season

The bookies are usuually right but if that's the case they are miles off tonight. If I were a betting man I'd lump on Newcastle.

We know what type of side City will put out, it just depends on if United go full strength after getting to the final last season and wanting a repeat. If they weaken like City we will win, if they don't I think they will have too much.

City only marginal faves with bookies, closer than any prem game would be away in the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.