Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

As I said in the pre-match thread, it was Newcastle not prime Barcelona.

Should have been a lot more comfortable but 3 points all that matters.
I assume you are trolling Just in case not ... we have lost 2 key players, 3 of our best out to injury, 2 new players adjusting to Pep's unique system, 2 days rest after an exhausting trip to a sweltering Athens, Newcastle fully rested and on fire after last week ...

Considering we rinsed ourselves out on Wednesday, today was a brilliant first home performance of the season! Newcastle didn't have a key to open up our lock, albeit they were at full strength & had a week off.

Foden gave a masterclass performance & is finally showing he deserves to be playing centrally. Julian was absolutely on point too, but I've gotta save a special mention for Kovacic!

I didn't see the point in his transfer, & he's certainly not Dog, BUT playing as a double pivot/No 8, he absolutely smashed it tonight! I hold my hands up. If this is what Pep saw in Kova, it again shows what a genius he his, as I certainly didn't see it at Chelsea.

Our bench was the most worrying aspect, & shows how fragile the squad is if we get injuries, or suspensions. We've two weeks to sort it out & I'm still not averse to us going for Paqueta & really think Doku will flourish here if we get him, relying on Kyle to provide width won't work at the very highest level.

Grealish is getting back to form & Akanji was like WOW! He's no Stones, but he did him & the team proud & is the best pound for pound player we've bought in recent times.

Tonight belongs to Phil, with honorary mentions to Julian, Akanji & Kovacic. We take a well deserved rest & get ourselves ready to go again... )(
Good summary that. Very impressive performance from the team. The way we neutralize teams is incredible.

BTW the win was never in doubt....even the Match Day Thread knew that. ;-) :-)
Don't even bother with the match thread any more. Start of a new season, a trophy in the bag already, played one of the fancied top 4 teams who a lot of people expected to take something from us tonight after our tough away match on a hot night in Europe, and with the Community Shield that's 2 matches we've already played more than most - yet we're already one of only 2 teams unbeaten (on 6 points) and the only one not to have conceded. Not to mention a new club record for consecutive home wins. What's not to like?

They all seemed somewhat confident (understandable, all things considered) of a slip up tonight. And this side still got it done. The one thing they were clinging on to was the hangover from us winning the lot. Whoopsie. P.s ref bottled that red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.