Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

KDB’s injury might ironically be the best thing for Phil’s career - not that we don’t want Kev back sap.
Most worrying thing- Rodri gave the ball away once!!!

I tell u what I'm trying too get used too, is this feeling of being quite relaxed when we're one goal to the good going into the last 10minutes. We're such a great defensive unit now, and I still don't think we get enough credit for it. We have defenders who can actually defend, and we have guys who run themselves into the ground for each other. The desire and togetherness is incr3dible. Kev is a massive loss, and we may not score as many without him, but the signs are still looking good for us so far. We still look hungry.
Utmost respect to Pep and the team! Everyone in fact. Ctid

Delighted with that, some top performance with Foden being the best of all

Didn't happen for Erling today but that's OK, I'm happy we created chances for him, that's encouraging in the absence of Kev and what i was looking for. He stuck 2 away last week, so no worries there.

Foden was quality, looked at home in that position. I think he's far more effective there because he's so quick at getting between the lines and turning and getd us moving. I actually think that's going to be an incredibly effective partnership with Haaland, with his movement around the box. We saw flashes of it tonight and that'll get better.

Kovacic was excellent, classy player. He'll only get better too.

Can't knock anyone tonight really. Wanna give a special mention to grealish, he may not have created a lot but he does a hell of a lot of hard work, getting back etc. I don't think he gets enough credit for that.

One word: character. City could be resting on the most comfortable bed of laurels the sport has seen. We played Wednesday several countries away. We have injuries including one to an all-time great MF. Players aren’t at full fitness. We have no subs. We have new players still getting up to speed. And yet we gritted out a great win against a tough side.

Fucking character.

One door closes….

Opportunity for Phil Foden and by fuck he took it. Kev will be back but we really need PF right now. We have nobody else who can play like that. Haaland will soon be on that wave length.

Delighted with him. The jewel of the England team..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.