Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Had a quick shufty at two toon forums and, fair play, they are mostly complimentary about City rather than curmudgeonly about us or the result, reminding each other that it was a good reflection of how far they've come holding the best team in the world (their words), to 1-0, even acknowledging we were not full strength.

One guy managed to combine both by asking how "that shit-haircutted little c**nt Foden can have stinkers for England but always plays like the spawn of Messi against us..!"
Hahaha!!!

A few said how unreal Phil was Saturday... long may it continue!
Phil does need a new haircut though....

Finally getting round to watching the match (couldn't watch it live). The brilliance of Julián's shot is equalled only by what Phil does before it to create the space. I invite people to look at that and savour it (probably for the umpteenth time!): what he does is extraordinarily difficult. The last time I saw someone as nimble as that in midfield it was one, David Silva.
By the way, that was a huge performance, against a determined, resilient, well-coached, compact Newcastle side. Nobody will find it easy to beat them if the Toons play like that this season. It'll be easier to beat Arsenal.
Three big points.
The Merlin turn,control and drive forward has been passed on nicely.

Must admit I thought moving Phil into midfield would be a process over the course of this and next season and he would take a while to adapt to the role. He was absolutely fantastic in there and hopefully continues centrally as that has to be where his future lies. Have had to re-watch the game a few times just to take in how good he looked as well as Kovacic. Thought Rodri looked as though he was flagging at the end and although not as worried about KDB cover still got fingers crossed Rodri does not pick up a knock.

Contrary to the song, my Father did not say to me one day ‘is it red or blue for you, and if it’s red you’re out the door and we won’t see you no more’.

Despite both him and my Mother being Blues (and all my grandparents), he told me to take my time thinking about who I wanted to support. Rather than making me support City like he and Mam do, he actually asked me what team I wanted to go and watch and what shirt I wanted to wear.

He has always maintained that brainwashing young children into what the adult wants them to be like is the wrong way to bring a child up. He was open to let me be a City, United or Altrincham fan. It was up to me.

Same for everything, despite him being a staunch atheist, he sent me to a CofE primary school because it was a good school and he let me work out for myself there is no god and religion is bollocks (which I’d worked out by the time I was about 8), just like he let me work out for myself that City were the right team to follow.
When my kids started getting into football utd were in their pomp and Stuart Pearce was our manager. We live in Urmston and they hardly knew a single blue in school. I told them they could support whoever they wanted but I wasn't raising kids I didn't like. Got them their first season tickets in 2007 and we've been going home and away for 15 years. We partyed the night away in Istanbul and we loved in. Sometimes you just have to do what's right.

It was at the kids fanzone
It was in the ground as well, down in the corner with Natalie and Danny, but when they moved the other 3 first to the TNT stand then to the Tunnel they left he Super cup in that corner.
I’m guessing, well my son said to be fair, it’s because all the branding and the drop down flags big pitch banner etc were for the Treble , so putting a 4th trophy with them on the half way line when they were brought out wouldn’t have have fitted with the occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.