Newcastle United (H) | Sat 19th Aug, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn’t agree more. Newcastle really arent all that. Yes they are good progressive team and Eddie Howe will have them well organised but we’re talking about a treble winning team who have the mentality to turn around games when are backs are against the wall for small periods of play.

I’m not worried in the slightest. City win for me no danger.
If we were playing them after November, I wouldn't be as concerned, but as several have said we're missing a few players & just played in stiffling heat with a short turn around. Saying that if Newcastle defend like they did against Villa in the 1st half then we'll score a hatful, but I expect Nufc to defend similar to Seville & try to hit us on the break.

Today we're playing against one of the best teams in the league, so this is a significant test to see where we currently stand in this season so far. I'm not sure who is injured besides Kdb, but it would be great if Stones and Dias could handle the match. But I'm positive about the result.
John is injured again, what makes them such a great team ?

Today we're playing against one of the best teams in the league, so this is a significant test to see where we currently stand in this season so far. I'm not sure who is injured besides Kdb, but it would be great if Stones and Dias could handle the match. But I'm positive about the result.
It stands that it is the second game of the season and any result will tell us nowt about how it will be in May

Last edited:
Watched the barcodes match last week and whilst they were good Villa were absolutely awful. The geordies press high, very high, and quick, although they can only manage this in spells before tiredness sets in.
Remember we are the home team and even taking into account injuries we are currently the best team in the world. Route one balls to the Norwegian will frighten them to death.
I am optimistic that the three points will be ours by the end of the day.

Last edited:
Our manager is Josep Guardiola Sala.

He is the living epitome of a human who demands constant success.

If any of our players or fans aren’t up for Guardiola’s demands for constant success, they’re at the wrong club.
There a difference between demanding success & expecting to win every game, it comes across as arrogant.

Newcastle are a good side & as long as we don't get screwed by var or the referee then I'll have no problem with not winning if we are outplayed.

Think the early doors timing of this fixture, makes it a tad more difficult. Having said that, i believe Newcastle won't be anyhwhere near what they were against Villa. 2 reasons being, they are away from home and we are a damn sight better than Villa.

Reactions: mac
Anyone born before 2000 who doesn't go into a city game with at least 20% expcectation of us ballsing it up have become complacent ;-)
Remember the Centurions season when we had won 18 on the trot, had just got beat off the dippers & the next game was Nufc at home & thinking we need a result here so the wheels don't fall off. Like you say for the FOC, Citytis will never die.

True it will be a tough game, but you're so dismissive of our chances and ability to adapt :(
I've not even mentioned our ability to adapt, but our options will be necessarily limited simply due to who's available, regardless of whether Newcastle opt for a low block or a manic press. I certainly hope we can find a way to involve Haaland more than we did on Wednesday night though.
As to being dismissive of our chances, not really. We're perfectly capable of beating them, but I just think a one off combo of a catalogue of injuries to key players, an incomplete (in terms of our buying players) transfer window, that tiring game midweek (when even Pep's said we haven't been able to train properly since), and decent opposition, may (not will) prove our undoing today. Clearly heresy for some, but let's see......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.