Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder which players they might target as possible stepping stones, from us and from our domestic rivals. They might test a lot of clubs resolve. Maybe some older experienced players to help them get going
Stones, Sterling
Salah, Kane, Henderson, Lindelof, Lingard, Milner, Mata
Bale

They can fuck off trying to get Stones. I wouldn’t want us to sell him even for £100m.

I welcome this as it will keep us on our toes, the Saudi's were always coming to the party and better at Newcastle than the Rags or the Dippers.

People who think the whole picture will change overnight are deluded, they still have a limit on the squad size like everyone else and they still have to have FFP in mind for when they break into the top 6.

I think it's realistic to say 3 years to break into the top 6 and another year or 2 for the top 4.

Going to be a fun watch though.

Fan ownership will have to come in at some point.

I'm a hypocritical bastard, reply to this with fanny jokes, go on - but I'm right.

Countries owning football clubs, come on to fuck. It can't be sustainable. It's one thing the likes of Mansour and Abramovitch, but to actually have the sovereign funds of Saudi Arabia and Qatar in the game... well, it's a joke, really. Newcastle are a great club with great fans, but to see people dancing with Mohammad Bin Salman masks. It's like an episode of Black Mirror. I don't know the answer, don't know what I should do - I love City, can't help it, but I'm not letting my brain fall out of my head just to watch United or Liverpool lose a UCL spot. Mad that people will defend this by saying they don't want football to be about politics - well, this isn't gonna help, is it? People won't be bantering Newcastle for their football anymore, they're going to be holding "Justice for Jamal Khashoggi" banners. Super League wasn't that long ago. We were part of it. Feels like we're all sat in the back of a bus arguing amongst ourselves while consortiums of bastards drive the game where they want to for their own interests.

"You only care when it happens with another club, didn't see you complaining before this when City won things".

Aye, you're right. I'm a dickhead. I'm a human. I'm a hypocrite. I care more about things when they affect me, I ignore things when they make my life better - just like you, just like everyone. But come on, now. The actual Royal Fund of Saudi Arabia, for fuck's sake.

I wonder which players they might target as possible stepping stones, from us and from our domestic rivals. They might test a lot of clubs resolve. Maybe some older experienced players to help them get going
Stones, Sterling
Salah, Kane, Henderson, Lindelof, Lingard, Milner, Mata
Bale
Bale definitely a status signing for them and you can see that happening.

Stones, Sterling, Henderson and Salah are all in their prime, and at clubs who are doing things Newcastle are nowhere near ready to do yet - win major honours. If any of them went there at this early stage, they're there purely for the money.

Mata, Milner or Henderson would be uninspiring signings.

I think they will get an easier ride than us tbh

I think the media have backed themselves into a corner with us and don’t know how to get out

they know they need another favourite to back because they can’t rely on the red shirt clubs to win it every year and they can’t suddenly change tack with us despite having Pep and some of the best players in the world

Newcastle will be described as “an exciting project” and “long overdue success for the loyal fans”
Exactly what will happen. And all we’ll hear is that their ground is full every week. Not a chance they’ll be treated like us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.