Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get this thought process. They will be a threat to us just like we have become a threat to United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. The latter currently scrambling around mid table.

Toon takeover will keep us on our toes.No time for resting on our laurels as in time the top 4 will be congested.

The only meaningful change I would like to see is an additional champions league place awarded to England. The premier teams should not be punished for having too many big clubs. It would stop a lot of in fighting and would not compromise competition or the integrity of the league.

Times change and so must the rules imo.
Thing to remember is Everton and Leicester have also got investors in their club and for quite a while now. And they haven’t exactly taken the prem by storm. Newcastle are starting from a very low base line and need to stay up this season to be able to attract the caliber of players they need. Even if they do this it will take them a very long time to assemble a squad that could challenge us and other clubs.

I don’t get this thought process. They will be a threat to us just like we have become a threat to United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. The latter currently scrambling around mid table.

Toon takeover will keep us on our toes.No time for resting on our laurels as in time the top 4 will be congested.

The only meaningful change I would like to see is an additional champions league place awarded to England. The premier teams should not be punished for having too many big clubs. It would stop a lot of in fighting and would not compromise competition or the integrity of the league.

Times change and so must the rules imo.
I don't think they'll be able to attract the kind of players to threaten us. They'll threaten 6th place, maybe, but I don't think they'll threaten the now established top sides. Where we are based is completely different to where they are based.

The top players will not want to go to Newcastle when they have the choice of the other top sides, and money won't be the factor as top players want to win things. I genuinely think their location will be a major stumbling block.

I don't think they'll be able to attract the kind of players to threaten us. They'll threaten 6th place, maybe, but I don't think they'll threaten the now established top sides. Where we are based is completely different to where they are based.

The top players will not want to go to Newcastle when they have the choice of the other top sides, and money won't be the factor as top players want to win things. I genuinely think their location will be a major stumbling block.
I think it will take a few years but they will become challengers. No one took us seriously at first but with the right management structure and a good plan it’s only a matter of time if you can afford the top tier players

a lot of folk on here wishing these lot well. probably looking for a bit of solidarity with all the negativity from the media. however, there is a possibility at some point they will come in for one of our guys.

wish them well, by all means; but keep a close eye on those bastards taking our assets.
Nah - we should be happy for them - let's leave to the likes of the scum and the redscouse to be bitter

You are right. Some of the press are stupid but others are essentially driven by racism. They have a selective view of the world where anything done by Arabs is seen as somehow devious while western countries can do no wrong. There are at least 20,000 jobs in North West England linked to Saudi investment at BAE. Are we going to turn down that investment? The hypocrisy of the BBC and the tabloid press is pathetic.
100% correct

Target 2 years in each Euro competition, attracting the next calibre of player and sponsorship each step.

Stay up/Top15 - 21-23
Top 10/Europe Conference - 23/25
Top 6/Europa League - 25/27
Top 4/Champions League 28/30

or get sponsors from home, cook the books and throw money at everything.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.