Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get this thought process. They will be a threat to us just like we have become a threat to United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. The latter currently scrambling around mid table.

Toon takeover will keep us on our toes.No time for resting on our laurels as in time the top 4 will be congested.

The only meaningful change I would like to see is an additional champions league place awarded to England. The premier teams should not be punished for having too many big clubs. It would stop a lot of in fighting and would not compromise competition or the integrity of the league.

Times change and so must the rules imo.
I am all for the change at Newcastle - but would be against another CL spot

I would like to see the Redscouse, or the Scum drop out of the CL

After a decade or so they will become yesterday's clubs - fuck 'em

I wonder which players they might target as possible stepping stones, from us and from our domestic rivals. They might test a lot of clubs resolve. Maybe some older experienced players to help them get going
Stones, Sterling
Salah, Kane, Henderson, Lindelof, Lingard, Milner, Mata
Bale

I wonder who will beheading to SJP in January?
I'm not sure, but I'm sure the new independent regulator that has been talked about can dissect the information.

The hypocrisy of the British media is astounding. Most of the larger media outlets, British high office, the Royal Family and big business have significant tie backs to Saudi Arabia, The Emirates and Qatar- but its not ok for them to invest in football clubs like City, Newcastle and PSG?

The simple fact is that the media are too reliant on 'numbers', they are desperate for the clubs with the biggest numbers in terms of fans across the globe to be continually successful. City, along with the likes of PSG and hopefully Newcastle, have thrown a proper spanner in the works.

The next lever to be used to limit competition will be the revised FFP rules- you can bet you bottom dollor UEFA/FIFA will find a way to keep the tradition elite, elite.

Is there any indication that they're going to spend shitloads of money and try and win the league like our owners did? It seems a bit odd that the Saudis only took over 80% with 20% going to Stavely and the Reuben brothers. There have been plenty of massively rich owners in the Premier League that are more than happy to just keep the club ticking over and rake in the money rather than spending billions to make it compete at the top.

This sounds like a carbon copy of our playbook.....

I am all for the change at Newcastle - but would be against another CL spot

I would like to see the Redscouse, or the Scum drop out of the CL

After a decade or so they will become yesterday's clubs - fuck 'em
Uefa is already allowing for 5 spots throught the Europa League route. If you win Europa League you play in the CL next season. Spain has 5 teams in the CL this season because Villareal won Europa League last season ( Villarreal, Barca , Real, Atletico and Sevilla ).
Newcastle will probably try that route first to get to the CL.

Cannot spend more than 70% of turnover for wages. No way Newcastle can really progress unless they get 500m+ revenues overnight.

We had 105% in 2010/11 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.