Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
My money is on Aramco on the shirts and sweetened by oceans of dosh the Aramco Stadium.

I doubt very much it'll be their airline.....

6a01538e532c1e970b0168ebf19233970c-800wi

Bale definitely a status signing for them and you can see that happening.

Stones, Sterling, Henderson and Salah are all in their prime, and at clubs who are doing things Newcastle are nowhere near ready to do yet - win major honours. If any of them went there at this early stage, they're there purely for the money.

Mata, Milner or Henderson would be uninspiring signings.

I don't think Salah will go there, but it shouldn't be dismissed.

Salah is a super star in the Arab world, Newcastle would shower him with money and he'd be fixed up for life after he retires.

Based on nothing but my own feelings, just got this feeling that this Newcastle takeover isn't going to go quite as well as many seem to think.
Just feel that talk about top 4 in a few years and then winning the title a few years later are wildly optimistic.
Maybe it's just me

I wonder which players they might target as possible stepping stones, from us and from our domestic rivals. They might test a lot of clubs resolve. Maybe some older experienced players to help them get going
Stones, Sterling
Salah, Kane, Henderson, Lindelof, Lingard, Milner, Mata
Bale
Oh the fume if they were to nick Salah - it would be just fucking amazing

I would been logged in to RAWK for a month just wallowing in their indignation

I'd happily sub to Rawk to post a laughing emoji if Salah were to leave for Newcastle.

That said, it just won't happen.

FFP means it will take time but hopefully will mean another team getting pelters for a while instead.

Bale definitely a status signing for them and you can see that happening.

Stones, Sterling, Henderson and Salah are all in their prime, and at clubs who are doing things Newcastle are nowhere near ready to do yet - win major honours. If any of them went there at this early stage, they're there purely for the money.

Mata, Milner or Henderson would be uninspiring signings.
Henderson the lifelong Sunderland fan to Newcastle? not sure on that one. personally can see players like Leno, lacazette, dunk, zaha joining at first to get them to the next stage

It was around 92 - 99 when I spent time up there, mid 90’s were the Keegan era. I can honestly say I only ever saw one dipper shirt wearer in that time. The kids used to turn out in huge numbers at the Newcastle training sessions (out in the countryside at the time) during the school holidays. As I said Durham was a bit of a cross over, I’m not surprised they have itinerant fans or glory hunters as I like to call them.
Completely different City now, loads of Barca Madrid PSG and Bayern shirts on kids at football practice loads of City kits to. Durham Washington South Shields Hebburn I would say 50/50 between Geordies and Mackems. Big support to from the West to Carlisle and North to Alnwick and Berwick

I don't think Salah will go there, but it shouldn't be dismissed.

Salah is a super star in the Arab world, Newcastle would shower him with money and he'd be fixed up for life after he retires.
Pretty sure he already is set up for life he isn’t exactly playing for free at Liverpool. No chance salah goes there imo. He has mentioned before he would like to play in Spain so hopefully he Fucks off there soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.