Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think realistically City, chelsea and united are so far ahead of newcastle that in 3 years they have zero chance of catching those 3 as all will continue to invest heavily. Liverpool for me are the weak ones. Not particularly now, but Firmino, Mane and Salah are all coming to the back ends of their careers and they are totally fucked once they go and undoubtedly klopp moves on for a new challenge. They show little appetite to keep investing in their squad and from a Newcastle perspective that's the weak link in the top 4.

Newcastle will have to spend 100’s of millions to catch up with Spurs Arsenal Leicester then hundreds more millions to catch United then 100 more millions to catch Liverpool Chelsea and City

This is probably the most relevant table for Newcastle right now. Some clubs overperform this, some underperform, but on the whole everyone is roughly where they should be.

NxW6Acm.png

If they want a squad capable of competing for the top 4, they probably need to spend about €600m total. Forget what they've already got, 90% of them won't be good enough and that money's gone and wasted.

That's if they spend their money really well - better than we did - and have the right manager straight away.

Now how many years it will take for them to spend that much to build a squad is something I don't think anyone can answer right now.

I may be going against the grain here but I'm not convinced these guys will be allies to City moving forwards.
Money is just half of it. Having the right persons to lead the project is equally if not more important. Will they have someone with the capacity of Khaldoon and Soriano to build a football empire like our guys do? Management and owners with brilliance, vision and patience to plan for decades ahead. We'll see.

Money is just half of it. Having the right persons to lead the project is equally if not more important. Will they have someone with the capacity of Khaldoon and Soriano to build a football empire like our guys do? Management and owners with brilliance, vision and patience to plan for decades ahead. We'll see.

Spot on.

Everything I've seen and heard leads me to believe that City lite is their playbook.

I disagree here. Newcastle's commercial revenue has been artificially deflated over the Ashley tenure because he was setting his bigger assets like Sports Direct up with cheapo deals.

Newcastle less commercial revenue than Brighton!?! Same ballpark as Norwich?!

I would expect them to make big strides in this department even before any sweetheart Saudi based deals.

They should overtake Leicester and West Ham easily, and those clubs are able to compete with the top 4.
1633696637567.png

I disagree here. Newcastle's commercial revenue has been artificially deflated over the Ashley tenure because he was setting his bigger assets like Sports Direct up with cheapo deals.

Newcastle less commercial revenue than Brighton!?! Same ballpark as Norwich?!

I would expect them to make big strides in this department even before any sweetheart Saudi based deals.

They should overtake Leicester and West Ham easily, and those clubs are able to compete with the top 4.
View attachment 27721
I think that's his point the follow up tweet was in response to Talksport saying they can just go out and spend 500m straight off etc.

I think that's his point the follow up tweet was in response to Talksport saying they can just go out and spend 500m straight off etc.

Yes but his point is they can't compete with teams that have a £300m payroll.

Leicester and West Ham are already doing that on a budget that's within reach for Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.