Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Bruce had managed Sunderland was neither here nor there tbh, barely even registered with me. Loads of players have played for both. They have a statue of a Geordie in front of their ground who won the cup as a NUFC player.

The thing with Bruce is that he was a “boyhood” fan he’s clearly an adult Rags fan. He tried to cite his Newcastle roots when things were going tits up at Sunderland and again as a reason for him to be at Newcastle. From a man who had shown no earlier affection for his home town and whose accent is now a complete abortion in an attempt to conceal it.

He spent his whole time with us blaming others. He might be a great bloke with his mates but he’s a stealing a living as a football manager.

met bruce a few times, first time was when lakey swallowed his tongue, we got in to see the players after the match, unfortunately lakey swallowed his tongue and all the players went to see him, bruce came into the dressing room ,i think to see mel machin, he was a decent bloke, shit manager ,but decent bloke, he did an after dinner speech as well, a very funny bloke

I think Rafa would be a good choice. Mightily piss off Everton fans as well who've been anti-City since the Lescott sale. Not that I'm a bitter twat who holds a grudge :-)

I don't blame them for getting shot of Bruce, he's a shit manager. It must be depressing having him in charge of your team. Can't feel too sorry for him either if he's walking away with £8m. It's a win-win for all really.

No Director of Football appointed and Bruce sacked.
This is a recipe for disaster. They appoint a new manager and Director of Football comes after, and say they don't gel. The director of football should have been first and foremost appointed. As he is responsible for settling a way of playing like we do at City and then the manager can be swapped or let go off, provided there is a system in place of types of players the club needs to buy to fit the way of play the director of football wants to implement and a manager HE HIRES to fit that way of playing.
Got a caretaker so still time to get a DoF who can appoint the manager
People say they need to do it like City unfortunately for them they don’t have the infrastructure in place like we did Garry Cooke Brian Marwood and Hughes were a good basis to build on what have they got We also had a better squad who weren’t going to be in a relegation fight. Don’t know much about her but crucially Staveley is not Khaldoon who has proven the most valuable asset from t/o to this day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.