Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you can bear to even listen to a bit of it, that Geordie prick basically saying only Newcastle's spending can stop us now. Such a fucking hypocrite who went on and on and on about our owners and our spending and how everything we won was hollow. Now he wants people to accept his opinion that the league needs Newcastle to spend in order to challenge City...like we've got no other challengers!

All the others on the panel were trying to make decent points about United's spending and Chelsea's spending and how much of an influence Pep is but he barely even let them finish.

I’d have more respect for him if he just admitted he fucking hates everything about city, instead of acting like he cares about the competitiveness of the league.

The guys an absolute helmet.

I’d have more respect for him if he just admitted he fucking hates everything about city, instead of acting like he cares about the competitiveness of the league.
He gets so worked up whenever he talks about us.

You can tell from the stuff he says about City and Guardiola that he does absolutely no research into what he's talking about. He'd rather just repeat a load of lazy clichés because it's easier and he knows most neutral fans will agree with him.

IMHO it will take more than those two to keep them up, albeit they would both be decent signings. The current squad is pretty much entirely Championship standard. My guess is they need 4 or 5 decent additions.

they only need to finish 17th!

2 good defenders with their set piece deliveries are probably enough to get 8 or 9 more points from the next 19 games than they managed from the first 19.

Im sure they’d be better off if they did more than that, but only worth buying players for the long term not bringing people in because they’re available now and slightly better.

They should go for Ward-Prowse with a big pay offer. He is fantastic at set pieces. They might be able to prise Conor Coady away from Wolves as well.

JWP would be an amazing signing in the summer of Southampton got relegated but I doubt he’d leave mid-season with the club in trouble, being a home grown captain and all that.

He could probably aim higher anyway, Liverpool could do with him in midfield to replace Henderson, Spurs would love him….even United.

Plus Southampton just got new owners, don’t see them selling the clubs best player first thing - not a good impression.

If you can bear to even listen to a bit of it, that Geordie prick basically saying only Newcastle's spending can stop us now. Such a fucking hypocrite who went on and on and on about our owners and our spending and how everything we won was hollow. Now he wants people to accept his opinion that the league needs Newcastle to spend in order to challenge City...like we've got no other challengers!

All the others on the panel were trying to make decent points about United's spending and Chelsea's spending and how much of an influence Pep is but he barely even let them finish.

I'm glad we've already won the title. When's the trophy parade?

they only need to finish 17th!

2 good defenders with their set piece deliveries are probably enough to get 8 or 9 more points from the next 19 games than they managed from the first 19.

Im sure they’d be better off if they did more than that, but only worth buying players for the long term not bringing people in because they’re available now and slightly better.
Fair comment but set piece deliveries still need finishing. Otherwise they seem to depend heavily on Saint Maximain & Wilson up front - both of whom are injury prone. Almiron wasn't worth the money, neither was Joelinton (who's now in midfield). Neither are PL quality IMHO. To my mind I think they need 2 good defenders, a decent defensive midfielder, a creative midfielder and a striker who can get them 10+ goals between now & May.
Unless they can address these issues I can't see them getting out of it. What they may be hoping for is 2 or 3 decent results in the Cup and League before the window closes which may convince a better quality of player that there is light at the end of the tunnel. They may well have had that sort of conversation already with players' agents.

JWP would be an amazing signing in the summer of Southampton got relegated but I doubt he’d leave mid-season with the club in trouble, being a home grown captain and all that.

He could probably aim higher anyway, Liverpool could do with him in midfield to replace Henderson, Spurs would love him….even United.

Plus Southampton just got new owners, don’t see them selling the clubs best player first thing - not a good impression.
Southampton are very unlikely to be relegated. Norwich have one of those spots pretty much nailed down. That leaves two spots between Burnley, Watford, Newcastle and L***s. With Everton as outsiders to be dragged into the scrap.

Southampton are very unlikely to be relegated. Norwich have one of those spots pretty much nailed down. That leaves two spots between Burnley, Watford, Newcastle and L***s. With Everton as outsiders to be dragged into the scrap.

I do think the Aubameyang shout is not terrible.

Arsenal would love to be rid of him.

Newcastle would love to pay his wages for 6 months.

He can play, score some goals and get a better move on the back of it in the summer.

Jordan is a cretin. Atletico aren't winning the league, and Trippier's paid incredibly well there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.