Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it would be tough to get him away from home but if I was them I’d be asking David Silva if he wants £350 a week for 6 months to keep them up

I think they will get Digne because Chelsea don’t want to buy him, just a 6 month loan while Chilwell is out.

Trippier and Digne would keep them up IMO.

Not just much better defenders than they currently have but also great attacking outlets and set piece takers.
They should go for Ward-Prowse with a big pay offer. He is fantastic at set pieces. They might be able to prise Conor Coady away from Wolves as well.

They should go for Ward-Prowse with a big pay offer. He is fantastic at set pieces. They might be able to prise Conor Coady away from Wolves as well.

I'd be surprised if any bottom half Premier League club wants to sell to them and potentially put their spot in the league in jeopardy.

I think a lot of Premier League owners will be secretly/not so secretly hoping they get relegated.

Last edited:

If you can bear to even listen to a bit of it, that Geordie prick basically saying only Newcastle's spending can stop us now. Such a fucking hypocrite who went on and on and on about our owners and our spending and how everything we won was hollow. Now he wants people to accept his opinion that the league needs Newcastle to spend in order to challenge City...like we've got no other challengers!

All the others on the panel were trying to make decent points about United's spending and Chelsea's spending and how much of an influence Pep is but he barely even let them finish.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if any bottom half Premier League club wants to sell to them and potential put their spot in the league in jeopardy.

I think a lot of Premier League owners will be secretly/not so secretly hoping they get relegated.
That's true but I just have a feeling Newcastle will make a big statement and money always talks. Trippier is a good start but they desperately need a centre back and centre midfielder to have any chance of staying up. There are not many available strikers I can think of.

They need a Robinho like signing. Howe just wants his mates at the club for a nice little earner.

I think they will get Digne because Chelsea don’t want to buy him, just a 6 month loan while Chilwell is out.

Trippier and Digne would keep them up IMO.

Not just much better defenders than they currently have but also great attacking outlets and set piece takers.
IMHO it will take more than those two to keep them up, albeit they would both be decent signings. The current squad is pretty much entirely Championship standard. My guess is they need 4 or 5 decent additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.