Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is their version of Mark Hughes being in charge of us, when we first got the dosh.
Our first January transfer, we got Shay Given, Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bridge and Nigel De Jong. I reckon that's quite a bit better than what they've got so far, although there's a bit of a parallel with Bridge and Trippier. Obviously they're in the sort of position that makes it hard to bring in good players.

Our first January transfer, we got Shay Given, Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bridge and Nigel De Jong. I reckon that's quite a bit better than what they've got so far, although there's a bit of a parallel with Bridge and Trippier. Obviously they're in the sort of position that makes it hard to bring in good players.
Do not Trippier on Bridge
6AD83F8F-A52E-4875-B4C4-B38CA77800C4.gif

Newcastle fans need to understand that they need signings like this in order to stay in the PL, there was no way they were going to be in the market for world class players at this time.
I agree, and I doubt any world class player would go to Newcastle in January and show the passion desire and hunger to scrap it out of a relegation dogfight.

Trippier and Wood are far more likely to make an impact to help their cause of keeping them up.

Wood is actually an excellent signing. He will give them something in their bid for survival but probably more crucially, they've taken one of Burnley best assets, Newcastle might not need to be good enough if they can make their rivals for the drop even worse. Its clever, he's obviously nowhere near worth that amount but it's worth that amount many times over to keep them in the league.

Seriously, I bet even Burnley and Woods thought it was a joke when they got a call offering 25m for him! He's a carthorse and not a particularly good one.

They must be in a real pickle if this is what their money buys. It's an absolute desperation signing. Surely they should be offering 75m for Aubameyang etc rather than just trying to "weaken" opponents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.