Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought but if FFP is going to be a problem for Newcastle. Couldnt the new owners take FFP to court ?
It cant be legal to stop someone from investing as much as they want into their club/company

They can try. Doesn't mean they'll win.

so we're will reject the deal if the state is involved, but if this public fund that the state absolutely cannot in any way influence, coerce, control remotely buys then it's fine...

Honestly, the nonsense rationalisations when we all know who owns the club is just silly.

It's not as cut and dried as all that.

Sovereign wealth funds are constructed not to be the playthings of the state. They were set up specifically to keep government at arms length and make sound business decisions for long term growth free of political influence.

The reason?

Too much wealth was pissed away by corrupt and inept governments in the developing world.

Many countries have them, we should've had one after North Sea oil was discovered, Norway does.

Could see Kane end up in newcastle imo. They will pay the fee levy wants, he is the perfect poster boy for their project, can wear the Newcastle 9 shirt whilst breaking shearers pl record and Kane will have a chance of winning silverware. Seems a good fit to me

This could be the worst case senario for Levy, we are not a rival to Spurs and so selling to us wouldn't have been too detrimental to them. However The Barcodes are now going to be spending in order to hunt down those Europa league spots. The very same ones that Spurs are chasing.

Lived in Newcastle for nearly 40 years. Absolutely buzzing for them.
I know the fans gave us crap for years, but I can tell you it was pure jealousy. There was no agenda with them unlike the red cartel who saw us, rightly, as a fundamental threat.
It will take them time and a few mistakes but another club up there Realistically competing can only be a good thing. I can see Mahrez being an early marquee signing next summer.

It's not as cut and dried as all that.

Sovereign wealth funds are constructed not to be the playthings of the state. They were set up specifically to keep government at arms length and make sound business decisions for long term growth free of political influence.

The reason?

Too much wealth was pissed away by corrupt and inept governments in the developing world.

Many countries have them, we should've had one after North Sea oil was discovered, Norway does.
in an ideal world. In Salman's world if he wants to have Newcastle as a plaything he will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.