Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Shinawatra still in charge then and he sanctioned those signings. I'm not sure what exactly went down during that summer and maybe others may know....prestwichblue (maybe). However I think our current owners took over on the last day, and then whoooosh the Robinho signing:-)

Apart from Jo I personally don’t think it was Shinawatra that made them signings. Around the time we played AC Milan in a friendly it was rumored there was going to be a fire sale at the club. Ireland was being shipped off to Sunderland behind Hughes back I seem to remember until Hughes threatened to quit the club. So with Shinawatra’s assets all frozen how did we manage to find £20m + for the other 3??

Reports that they've approached United for Lingard on loan and reportedly agreed personal terms with Diego Carlos.

Issues being United aren't keen on losing Lingard and Sevilla want a lot more than €35m for Diego Carlos (2 points behind Real Madrid if they win their game in hand, so might not want to lose him at all).

Reports that Sevilla have turned down another offer for Diego Carlos, offer reportedly between €30m-€35m.

Think it's going to take at least €50m with Sevilla being in a title race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.