Newcastle Vs City League Cup Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this cup competition as it gives a chance to see other players for a full game, and gives others the chance to shine and get into contention for other games. I won't lose any sleep if we go out however.

I am still optimistic about this season, I believe we have one of the top 2 squads and the gap to the top is nothing at this stage. To be honest we didn't deserve to lose any of the 3 PL games we did lose. I am confident we will stay ahead of United and get in front of Everton, Southampton, Liverpool and Spurs by new year. That leaves Chelsea and Arsenal and the Arse will certainly have a blip before long, had an easy run of games so far and not much in depth.

We will end up in the top 3 at least and get out of the CL group stages. That will be OK for me for Pellegrin's first season. Infuriating though the Hart error on Sunday was I really don't understand the level of pessimism being expressed by some.

Revised line up:

Pantilimon
Richards Demichelis Lescott Clichy
Fernandinho Rodwell
Navas Jovetic Milner
Dzeko

Wright, Zabba, Nasty, Garcia, Ntcham, Silva, Aguero

I think I spotted Kompany in training on City Today. Not 100% it was him, and he was away from the other players at the time

kun said:
Revised line up:

Pantilimon
Fernandinho Rodwell
Navas Jovetic Milner
Dzeko

Agree with this though I'd like to see Manuel throw in boyata in central defense, been happy with what I've seen with him so far and can't really see why he haven't played him over garcia in the recent games.

cant wait to watch this game, really hoping we can get a win to get us going for Saturday. Come on city

crazyg said:
citytill1die84 said:
Give the back ups a game see what Jovetic is made of. Give Lopes a run out as well maybe Demichelis another start. Not really bothered about the out come but guess it's a trophy we haven't won and wouldn't mind it in the bag. Think City will bounce back and get a victory with Dzeko getting a couple.
Is this the same League Cup (with a different name/sponsor) that we won in 1970 and 1976, or am I mistaken??

I mean recently smart ass.

Brundin said:
kun said:
Revised line up:

Pantilimon
Fernandinho Rodwell
Navas Jovetic Milner
Dzeko

Agree with this though I'd like to see Manuel throw in boyata in central defense, been happy with what I've seen with him so far and can't really see why he haven't played him over garcia in the recent games.

Not sure about the wisdom of playing Demichelis twice in 4 days having just come back from an injury, so we might see Boyata.

Great chance to win more silverware if we can make it past these and get a nice home tie in the quarter finals! It wouldn't surprise me if it went to extra time but I reckon we'll win 2-1, hope to see Rodwell and Jovetic start.

Also slightly unrelated but it says on the BBC website that Sunderland v Southampton is on Wednesday the 6th November, anyone know why this is a week later than all of the other ties?

Accordrding to the Mirror................

--------------------Pants-------------------
Richards-----Demichelis----Lescott-------Kolarov
--------------Garcia------Rodwell--------
------Navas---------Jovetic---------Milner-----
---------------------Dzeko----------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.