Newcastle Vs City League Cup Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Sunday's performance (which I thought we were absolutely superb), I cannot wait for this game (although I'm in France!). We really seem to be clicking through the gears nicely at the moment (barring the odd defensive lapse), and can see us strolling this game. Also the other squad members picked, have a genuine chance to impress and force their way in, especially in defence.

But there'll probably be a few changes which will be disruptive, and Newcastle will play a strong team. This will be a tough tie, and I'd favour Newcastle

Back to winning ways no excuses.

We probably should have lost to Chelsea in the first half but losing in the manor we did was hard to take.

We've been playing pretty well apart from an odd dropped bollock or bit of bad luck.

Toon should be there for the taking and should be given a good spanking as I expect our 11 to be much stronger than theirs.

Here is the squad that beat Wigan –
Manchester City:

Pantilimon,
Richards, Boyata, Lescott, Clichy ,
. Milner, Fernandinho (Yaya Toure 46), Garcia,
Lopes (Navas 71), Dzeko (Negredo 79), Jovetic

Unused subs:
Wright, Nastasic, Nasri, Kolarov

I can see Yaya not starting but could be on the bench. I also think Silva ,Aguero will be given a rest. I also would put Demi in ,probably in place of Boy otter.
Just read above that Lopes is injured so I can see Navas starting. I had forgotten about Rodwell - has he been on the bench recently - I don't recall him being around.

Marvin said:
But there'll probably be a few changes which will be disruptive, and Newcastle will play a strong team. This will be a tough tie, and I'd favour Newcastle

Newcastle got chelsea at home saturday and I think that will take priority and to be honest our 2nd team is fsr stronger than there first!

-- Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:58 pm --

Marvin said:

Newcastle got chelsea at home saturday and I think that will take priority and to be honest our 2nd team is fsr stronger than there first!<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:58 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:

Newcastle got chelsea at home saturday and I think that will take priority and to be honest our 2nd team is fsr stronger than there first!

panty

richards
kolarov
demichelis
lescott

navas
milner
rodwell
nasri

dzeko
jovetic

3-1 to City

Pants
Richards
Martin
Lescott
Kolarov
Navas
Rodwell
Fernandinho
Milner
Jovetic
Dzeko

Think that team is capable of beating Newcastle. Not much pressure in this match. The players on show need to make a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.