Newcastle Vs City League Cup Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercity88 said:
Our "2nd string" are by no means a weak side so we should still win. I think we will see a good mix of youth and experience to get players up to match fitness.

Panti
Kolorov
Lescott
Demichelis
Richards
Lopes
Milner
Rodwell
Navas
Jovetic
Dzeko

That for me should be the side. Rest players as Silva, Yaya, Aguero and Fernandinho have played in most already (Silva was injured obv too so could do with rest). Keep the bench strong in case. Want to win this trophy. If Pellegrini wins this and challenges for league and gets us through champions league group then it will be a good first season and will get him off the mark. He needs to win a trophy no matter what and I would love to win the league cup no matter what people think of it.

That team is stronger than half of the teams in the league. No question we should win this tie. We have newcastle's number recently

"@Rony10Lopes: Injured :-/ Nothing too serious but as all injuries: #badtiming. Be back soon... #over&out"

mansour's tow ropes said:
Lopes has just tweeted that he's injured

Noooo!

Hope this means a different youngster will get a chance rather than none.

MC ID said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Lopes has just tweeted that he's injured

Noooo!

Hope this means a different youngster will get a chance rather than none.

Rusnak is the obvious choice IMO but can't see him starting, on the bench though hopefully

Too soon for Pozo?

I'm not sure Rusnak deserves the opportunity after his Oldham exploits......besides is he even good enough?

A5941_zps9850ea03.jpg

Marvin said:
2nd string Newcastle side? They are much more likely to play a full-strength team than us as they don't have European football, and they are at home against City and will see it as an opportunity to win against big-name opposition raising their morale

Alan Pardew has been told by Mike Ashley to prioritise the league as it brings in more money. Finishing mid table in the league is a lot more revenue compared to winning the league cup.
Can see Newcastle playing quite a few second team players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.