Newcastle Vs City League Cup Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
black mamba said:
This is the sort of game we've come unstuck in in the past , and we could easily do so again ....... they are no Chelsea , but they are the type of side that on a cold windswept night in the North East , bouyed on by a decent crowd , could find a team spirit to cause problems for us .... and especially if our team is weakened!
this

Pantilimon
Richards Boyata Lescott Clichy
Demichelis Rodwell
Milner Jovetic Lopes
Dzeko

Wright, Zabba, Nasty, Yaya, Navas, Aguero, Silva/Guidetti

TheMaineRoad said:
-----------------------Panti-------------------
Richards-------Boyata-------Lescott--------Kolarov
--------------Garcia---------Fernandinho--------
Milner----------------Jovetic---------------Lopes
---------------------Dzeko----------------------

I like this as a Cup team, but think Di Michelis should play. He looked good against Chelsea, but we need to take advantage of opportunities to give him competitive game time at the moment.

karen7 said:
Not looking foward to any matches at the moment including this one,even when we score first i just feel we will concede anyway.would like to see our english boys play,they were good enough to win the title but now look to be deemed only good enough for the cup games.must win the game for the teams confidence and mine!

Agree and disagree.

I look forward to every match and I think we are gradually improving, match by match. The goal against Chelsea was 'gutting' but we won't keep losing games like this and Villa. And nothing breeds success like success. Capital One cup or not, we go for it with whatever team that's picked.
Pellegrini clearly seems to favour the Latin contingent at the moment. But the Only English lad who genuinely has a shout is James Milner. I think he offers more than Javi Garcia, who Pellers just seems hell bent on finding a place for.

Give the back ups a game see what Jovetic is made of. Give Lopes a run out as well maybe Demichelis another start. Not really bothered about the out come but guess it's a trophy we haven't won and wouldn't mind it in the bag. Think City will bounce back and get a victory with Dzeko getting a couple.

Stoned Rose said:
Rodwell and Garcia in a 2 man midfield?

That would get bum holed by a decent championship side let alone Newcastle at their gaff.
If they can't hold their own against a second string newcastle side, then they don't deserve to play for the club. Plus Milner tracks back plenty, he is not an out and out winger.

2nd string Newcastle side? They are much more likely to play a full-strength team than us as they don't have European football, and they are at home against City and will see it as an opportunity to win against big-name opposition raising their morale

FredTilson said:
Stoned Rose said:
Rodwell and Garcia in a 2 man midfield?

That would get bum holed by a decent championship side let alone Newcastle at their gaff.
If they can't hold their own against a second string newcastle side, then they don't deserve to play for the club. Plus Milner tracks back plenty, he is not an out and out winger.

2nd string Newcastle team?
If they can't hold their game they don't deserve to play for the club?
Get ur one braincell fixed mate, you are talking rubbish.

FantasyIreland said:
kenzie115 said:
teddykgb said:
This competition doesn't matter. If we win it and fail everywhere else nobody is going to be all that happy we won the League Cup.

For the thousands of blues, myself included, who have taken time off work to travel up to Newcastle on a cold, wet Wednesday to support the team, I sincerely hope the players and management team don't share your opinion that this competition doesn't matter. Even if you consider the league cup worthless, winning can become a habit and it's one we could do with developing. I can only speak for myself but I'd be delighted with another trip to Wembley and the chance to see City lift a trophy we haven't won in my lifetime.

Agree,its a shit attitude that has crept into the recent thinking of some supporters.
We are still evolving and developing as a club,in terms of success we are light years behind the big boys,we really cant afford to be fussy when it comes to winning silverware and regardless of our future progress neither should we ever be.

I want to win every game we play,so should our team and club.

Hear hear... my biggest disappointment the season we won the league is... we gave Liverpool the League cup! we should have won that as well.

BlueSiam said:
TheMaineRoad said:
-----------------------Panti-------------------
Richards-------Boyata-------Lescott--------Kolarov
--------------Garcia---------Fernandinho--------
Milner----------------Jovetic---------------Lopes
---------------------Dzeko----------------------

I like this as a Cup team, but think Di Michelis should play. He looked good against Chelsea, but we need to take advantage of opportunities to give him competitive game time at the moment.

He did look very tired at the end of the match. The physios/medics need to decide whether another game after only a couple of days will help or hinder him. Needs to be ready to play on Saturday. In an ideal world it would probably be better to give him 45 mins tomorrow but that might not be practical for a defender.

I think the Capital One cup should be a bigger priority for us than the FA Cup this season. An early season trophy would be a huge boost and, unlike the FA Cup, its out of the way before the climax of the PL and CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.