Newcastle Vs City League Cup Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
citytill1die84 said:
Give the back ups a game see what Jovetic is made of. Give Lopes a run out as well maybe Demichelis another start. Not really bothered about the out come but guess it's a trophy we haven't won and wouldn't mind it in the bag. Think City will bounce back and get a victory with Dzeko getting a couple.
Is this the same League Cup (with a different name/sponsor) that we won in 1970 and 1976, or am I mistaken??

eversince 76 said:
FredTilson said:
Stoned Rose said:
Rodwell and Garcia in a 2 man midfield?

That would get bum holed by a decent championship side let alone Newcastle at their gaff.
If they can't hold their own against a second string newcastle side, then they don't deserve to play for the club. Plus Milner tracks back plenty, he is not an out and out winger.

2nd string Newcastle team?
If they can't hold their game they don't deserve to play for the club?
Get ur one braincell fixed mate, you are talking rubbish.
Newcastle is struggling in the league so the league will be their priority so they will not field their first XI for a league cup game. I know this might be difficult for you to comprehend but if you try to go over it slowly, you might just get the hang of it.

eversince 76 said:
FredTilson said:
Stoned Rose said:
Rodwell and Garcia in a 2 man midfield?

That would get bum holed by a decent championship side let alone Newcastle at their gaff.
If they can't hold their own against a second string newcastle side, then they don't deserve to play for the club. Plus Milner tracks back plenty, he is not an out and out winger.

2nd string Newcastle team?
If they can't hold their game they don't deserve to play for the club?
Get ur one braincell fixed mate, you are talking rubbish.

I agree with Fred tbh. Although I wouldn't play Garcia because he has actually played a lot of football recently, would Rodwell and Milner in the middle with Lopes and Navas out wide on the wings be too open though?

mansour's tow ropes said:
I agree with Fred tbh. Although I wouldn't play Garcia because he has actually played a lot of football recently, would Rodwell and Milner in the middle with Lopes and Navas out wide on the wings be too open though?
More importantly, Fernandinho and Toure are absolutely critical for us. If one of them gets injured playing a league cup game, then what? We'd be screwed in the league and CL. Also, you can always put out a very strong bench in case if anyone is struggling, you can replace them.

If Newcastle were at full strength then we may struggle by playing a weakened midfield. That ain't going to happen though so we should be able to give players like Rodwell and Milner (who deserves a game and doesn't weaken us anyway) and get a result.
We do appear to be getting to a point when the squad is generally injury free so we shouldn't have a problem really.

I wonder which EDS players will get a call up for this game? I would like to see at Lopes, Huws and Rusnak be in the match day squad at least, possibly a couple of others too

I do think that newcastle will play a pretty strong team especially after their derby defeat at the weekend.

Obviously we won't play our 'a' team but looking forward to seeing jovectic, rodwell, milner etc.

Hopefully dzecko can find his world beater form rather than his panel beater form he seems only too happy to wheel out....

Fingers crossed we can go far in this competition, think it could be great for morale to get a trophy in the cabinet early doors.

Rodwell has to start and he has to put in a performance (and not get fucking injured). He'll be wanting to show the manager he should be walking into that team ahead of garcia.

Our "2nd string" are by no means a weak side so we should still win. I think we will see a good mix of youth and experience to get players up to match fitness.

Panti
Kolorov
Lescott
Demichelis
Richards
Lopes
Milner
Rodwell
Navas
Jovetic
Dzeko

That for me should be the side. Rest players as Silva, Yaya, Aguero and Fernandinho have played in most already (Silva was injured obv too so could do with rest). Keep the bench strong in case. Want to win this trophy. If Pellegrini wins this and challenges for league and gets us through champions league group then it will be a good first season and will get him off the mark. He needs to win a trophy no matter what and I would love to win the league cup no matter what people think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.