Newcastle Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

well, pleased to say that me and my mate got in. We went without tickets and met up with our Geordie mate (also with no ticket) and we all got in. Sat in the Newcastle section but was a privilege to be there. To contain yourself when you've just seen your team win the league (hopefully) is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But I was there!
newcastle043.jpg

newcastle042.jpg

newcastle047.jpg

JOGAMIGMOG said:
well, pleased to say that me and my mate got in. We went without tickets and met up with our Geordie mate (also with no ticket) and we all got in. Sat in the Newcastle section but was a privilege to be there. To contain yourself when you've just seen your team win the league (hopefully) is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But I was there!
newcastle043.jpg

newcastle042.jpg

newcastle047.jpg

Nice one Mike really pleased you and Trump managed to get in, though you were risking it with his sky blue top and your City tshirt underneath. I can pickout myself and Clare in your first photo next to the Newcastle fans haha brilliant.

Blue2112 said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
newcastle043.jpg

newcastle042.jpg

newcastle047.jpg

Nice one Mike really pleased you and Trump managed to get in, though you were risking it with his sky blue top and your City tshirt underneath. I can pickout myself and Clare in your first photo next to the Newcastle fans haha brilliant.

I'm sure the Geordies wouldn't have bothered much anyway mate. They're top people the Geordies. What a weekend, up there with the best ever for me.

Re: Buzzer

Eccles Blue said:
Went to the Dublin Supporters Club last year when they had the FA Cup on display and as I walked into the room there was Mike Summerbee and a couple of other people and I just went "Oh my God" meaning the cup of course and Buzzer just said without a pause, "Even my wife doesn't call me that these days!!"

A true legend, I remember watching him way back when and he always gave everything for Manchester City.

ONWARD AND UPWARD WITH MANCHESTER CITY.

THE BOYS IN BLUE NEVER GIVE IN.
awesome babe...and dont ever hide your love for the blues

two new songs at newcastle

First to the tune of oh my what a rotten song
Who said city couldn't play,city couldn't play, city couldn't play
Who said city couldn't play , city couldn't play football.
Apparently sang in the thirtys
Second were having a party while fergies alive

Howay man said:
Just thought I'd pop on here and send you congrats from tyneside.
Cracking game yesterday but ultimately you just had a bit too much for us in the end.
I've been to both games at the Ethihad and SJP this season and city are the best team we've faced.
I know toure will take the plaudits but I thought Kompany and Clichy were outstanding.
Don't know if you could tell on the telly or up at the top of the leazes end but the city players got applauded from the pitch.
Had to travel up from Leeds for match yesterday and was sat on the train with a few city lads. 1 poor bugger was a nervous wreck,had to settle him down with a couple of Stella's.

Just before I go,spoke to me mates mam last night. She hands hymn books out at the back of St Mary's cathedral in Newcastle and Mancini, Kidd and a couple of city players turned up for mass yesterday morning.
No wonder you won with a bit of Devine intervention and God on your side. Haha

Much respect Howay. Top post.

A lot of the booing a few have mentioned was partly directed at the ref who seemed determined to break up the game on every 50/50 tackle, and at a few who "went down a tad easy" first time I've really heard it like that all season.

That aside, a few of your key players put in massive performance s, and who doesn't like seeing man u throw it away! We lacked a bit of quality into the box, but was happy enough that we gave it a decent go.

Whilst I don't necessarily agree with clubs being able to buy their way to the title I can't imagine how grim it would be if we were in our neighbours shadow for so long, hope you seal it next weekend:)

That and I hope spurs and arsenal lose!

Re: There has not been enough stress on....

ELL107T said:
When most people were fretting about the match during the week before-hand, I read something (can't remember if it was on here or Twitter, etc) along the lines of "sometimes champions play like champions"... had to admit I didn't expect it, but then I've been programmed for doom over the years like many others.

Yesterday they played like champions.

I don't want that to be tempting fate or anything, but quite simply we put on a professional performance & did what was needed, stepped it up when required and tightened up at the back - I was immensely proud of them all, but it is still only a step closer.

SOON!!
100% agree

Summerbee was my favourite of the Holy Trinity.
Mainly because he always looked like a good laugh and was very balanced.
Bell was too dour and Lee was full of himself.

Love them all though.

Was a great match, watching it now not shaking and not hungover in someone else's bed, great performance, thought everyone played great, Barry looking amazing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.